need help resizing

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by gary, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gary

gary Member

i've done so little posting to web that i'm fumbling around here trying to guess at resizing, i'm trying to get at or near 300kb limit but i always end up with really low pixel measurements, i currently use ps elements 3.0, i have constrain proportions checked, how are you doing the 800x and not blowing over the limit
    gary

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

is there a 'save for web' feature in elements? it makes an optimized jpg. i use cs2 and its there. if not, can you change the jpg compression levels? that will reduce the filesize as well but you have to be careful how far you go cuz you can get into some serious artifact problems if you are too aggressive with it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. gary

gary Member

yes there is a resize for web, i just tried it with this from tarzan rocks, i used the slider for quality, i can't even begin to comprehend making the switch to cs2, i'm still trying to learn my way around elements, although i will upgrade to 5.0 which is supposed to be shipping soon
    gary

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

4. idarknight

idarknight Member

You might want to check this out - pixer.us - it should be able to get your photos down into the size you need pretty easy.

5. drcookies

drcookies Member

Irfanview is a nifty little program that can do the job as well. It is also free. You can find it at:

http://www.irfanview.com/