Need help - looking for a one bedroom at WDW

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by Sleeping Beauty, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Hello,

I am newbie to the forums and have just started planning my trip to WDW. I will be travelling with a three year old, five year old and my husband.

We are looking for accomodations to suite our sleeping needs. The three year old will need a separate room to nap in. This will also serve for her early bedtime and we can stay up in the other room. We don't mind having someone sleep on a pull out couch either.

Can anyone reccommend a resort? My travel agent is so far not that helpful. Many thanks in advance!

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

For onsite accommodations I would go with a DVC one bedroom condo
    Another options are the family suites at the value All Star Music.
    One more is to get connecting rooms at one of the resorts.

3. Hi sleeping beauty (great name! - especially since you're concerned about napping :)...).

I have a 2 year old (and 9) , so I know how important napping is to a WDW vacation. ; Hamham's suggestions about the all star music family suite will give you the best value option onsite, and the vacation clubs will give you extra rooms - but they'll be more deluxe. ; There are lots of options off site too - I just rented a 4-bedroom townhouse with a pool to one family. ; It all depends on your budget, and whether you want to stay onsite. ; I love onsite - and a monorail hotel gives the best flexibility for coming and going to the parks. ; THink about where you want to spend most of your time (likely Magic Kingdom) and how often you'd like to come and go from your hotel room to the parks, and that'll help you address where and when.

Hope that helps a little... :)

Best,
    Sheila

4. amw

amw Member

Are you specifically looking for onsite hotels? If separate rooms are really important to you, there are many offsite condo places that are much cheaper than Disney. The last one we stayed at was Bonnet Creek resort, which is right beside CBR and POP. It was absolutely beautiful with a pool complex and lazy river. I stayed in a 2-bedroom for $100/night tax included.

http://bonnetcreek.com/

If you want a hotel, there is the Doubletree suites at Downtown Disney, plus many other suite hotels offsite. (Embassy Suites, Nick hotel ... all depends on your budget.)

If you really want onsite, I would check the all-star suites as Ham Ham mentioned.

This will be our first time staying onsite because we did always want a separate rooms for the girls ... we'll see how it goes! ; ;)