My Osborne Lights 2011

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by zackiedawg, Dec 28, 2011.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

First night at Disney this past trip, I headed out to DHS - left the big camera behind and the tripod, and just traveled light with my NEX, and 18-55mm kit lens. ; Did some handheld shooting of the Osborne lights, which my buddy Dave had never seen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are two sweep panoramas - taken with the camera's automatic stitching function - you just swing the camera around in an arc while it fires off 15 shots or so, and after a few seconds of processing, out comes a single panorama already stitched together:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very nice shots Justin, you are really getting a lot of good use out of that NEX! ; Love that last panoramic!

3. zackiedawg

Thanks John! ; The little backup camera certainly has fit into my graces - for years I tried P&S cameras but there was always the severe limitations - with the mirrorless cameras, there are very few limitations anymore, so they become a great light 2nd body that can actually equal the DSLR output, especially with low light situations.

4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Nice shots Justin. ;

A few people there huh.

5. zackiedawg

Yeah, there were a couple people around us. ; ;)

Funny, the parks weren't terribly crowded - typical Christmas - the streets, shops, and restautants seemed shoulder-to-shoulder, but the ride waits weren't all that bad - the fast rides were 25-40min, and the slower rides mostly 5-10 minutes.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Nice shots Justin! ; That camera seems to be a great addition indeed. ; I like the pano's it produces also. ; Takes a lot of processing out of it by doing it all internally, and automatically at that.

7. zackiedawg

Indeed - Admittedly I probably wouldn't bother to take many panos at all (or any) if I didn't have this option. ; This makes it as simple as just taking any other shot, spur-of-the-moment. ; Though when you're moving the camera around in an arc as it fires off 25-35 frames at 7fps, you do get a lot of looks.

8. disney13

disney13 Member

Love your shots...very sharp!

9. zackiedawg

Thank you kindly...and sorry for the late reply!