My first adult only trip!!!

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Kimi K, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Kimi K

Kimi K Member

SUPER excited to be planning an adult trip to the World in November :) Going during a low crowd, cheap week and plan to take my camera and fill up several cards worth of Disney awesomeness! I usually have three kids and a husband in tow so I've never gotten to appriciate Disney photography as I want. Has anyone taken a photo trip during this time? I know Christmas decor will be up the week I'm traveling but I dont know much else about this time of year. Weather, ride closures, true crowd levels (not just predicted). Anyone have any tales to tell? My travel dates look like Nov.16-20.

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You should be just fine, as long as the Thanksgiving rush doesn't gobble you up. See what I did there? Just be prepared for slightly shorter park hours but have fun and blast away!

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I always go in the first week of December, and have gone the week after Thanksgiving a few times too - generally, it's a good time - crowds aren't typically as bad - even if the parks LOOK crowded, they're not really all that bad if you sit back and watch, or go on rides and see wait times aren't so bad. X-mas decor is up of course, which makes it nice. I usually travel solo for that trip - sometimes it falls on Pixelmania, sometimes when Pixelmania is in October it's just me...every so often I go with a friend too, but I always like a few solo trips a year as a break from friends and family trips...where I can just photograph, and go at my own pace, with no one getting bored by all my photo stops. I think you'll love it - and you might even start trying to work in one solo trip every once in a while, much to the chagrin of the family!

4. Kimi K

Kimi K Member

I cant get any real commitment from anyone so it may turn into a solo trip! I would feel so strange without someone to hang with but I still want to go! Fingers crossed it works out either way ;) Thanks for the advice guys!

5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I concur with Zackiedawg and usually take one solo trip a year. It's really nice to be able to go at your own pace where you to go when you want to get there. It's a lot less stressful for me at least. And I might be down there around that same time (unless a miracle happens between now and October)...