Mousefest Meet Ideas

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by CameraGirl, Oct 3, 2008.

1. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Hey all you Mousefest-ers. ; It would be great if we could all meet up at one time or another. ; Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for a meet? ; It is guaranteed to be fun no matter what we do, but I would love to hear some ideas.

2. mattfrompa

mattfrompa Member

What about a meet to see the Canada film in Epcot?

3. That's a good idea.

I was also thinking about an Off Kilter meet. That would be a good time.

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Anyone else have any idea's??

Suggestions are welcome

5. Another one I thought of was a meet at the new T-Rex restaurant for lunch or dinner. I know it is kind of out of the way but it would be great to experience it as a group. I hear they are not taking reservations until January even though it is scheduled to open on Oct 14th so it would be a walk up, That is the only downside as it may involve a wait.

6. Hi there - this kinda question always draws lots of reactions. ; I've stayed offsite and onsite, value to deluxe. ; If I have the pennies, I much prefer to stay at one the Magic Kingdom monorail hotels - that gives me ease of access to MK and Epcot (where we spend most of our time) for both the regular hours and "extra magic hours". And with two princesses of my own, I need ease of access to my hotel room - so when it's crowded, they're tired and/or overstimulated, or we all need a break - we can get back to our hotel and its pool for a quick relax time.

My personal favourite by far is the Grand Floridian - lucky enough to stay there twice. ; Next trip hopefully there as well. What an absolutely beautiful spot, and it has a pool with canyon-theme water-slide to die for. ; My hubby and 9-year-old daughter much prefer the Contemporary Hotel - we've stayed there three times. ; My daughter loves looking over the balcony down to the lobby at Chef Mickey's (last October, the major renovations were only partially complete, so I'l have to go back to check its progress), she can still sing the Celebration song with Minnie and Mickey. So, any days we're not dining at Chef Mickeys (we dine there at least twice each visit), she can still get a "fix." ; Of course, the biggest draw is the walking to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary - 8 minutes tops to the gates (that's with toddler in tow) - so any night there is a long queue for the resort monorail (which occassionally happens) we can hoof it back home easy peasy.

Best regards,
    Sheila

7. oops - sorry - somehow this got posted in wrong spot - meant it to go under hotel question... :)