Moon over Everest

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scottwdw, May 27, 2010.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I may have posted these over in the Pixelmania threads but what the heck. ; I re-processed them under Aperture 3. ; As you may or may not recall, I was all set to photograph the moon rising over Expedition Everest the night of the EMH Pre-Pixelmania meet back in December, 2009 but we got socked in with clouds. ; However, earlier in the week, I did take some of a late afternoon moonrise over Everest. ; The first is an HDR image and the second was a 200mm (300mm FX) zoom of the same scene. Click on images for more information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Scott, that first image is my favorite with the reflection in the water. ; Nice job on both.

3. HW

HW Member

#1 for me too . I have been meaning to try a daylight moon but I guess there would not be much detail

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

If I had more focal length, I think you would have seen more detail and if it was lower on the horizon. ;

5. Paul

Paul Member

nice work Scott.

6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Scott! ; I really like #1 too.

7. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

I really like the 1st one, Scott. The reflection just sets it off.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Agreed with the above, loving the first one!

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

10. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

great shots!

11. Chris B

Chris B Member

Love the fact that you can actually see the moon reflection in first image. ; Great stuff. ; Thanks for sharing.