Mision Space

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by haunteddoc, Aug 15, 2007.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

My attempt to get Mission Space

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. gary

gary Member

my .02 worth

try to crop/or clone out those lights in the background, the color of the globe in this is outstanding, and i'd like to see it be the main focus object of the shot, without those lights as a distracting element i feel one's eyes would just naturally be drawn right to that georgeous color

ymmv, like i said just my opinion, great job on the globe

3. Dan

Dan Member

I'm even less certain of my opinion than Gary, but.. I kind of like the lights in the background. I'm not convinced they're a good thing, I can see that they could be a distraction, but so help me I look at it and they feel like they're a part of the scene, they seem to belong there.

I think I'm seeing them as if they were stars behind the Earth. Yet at the same time I also think of them as being flood lights aimed at the ship, like the flood lights you'd see aimed at a launch pad at night. I know those are two totally different concepts but in my mind I think I'm combining them.

Otherwise I think the lighting is a big tricky, I'd like to see the ship and perhaps the Earth a bit brighter. You'd probably have to combine several shots to get everything exposed like I'd like to see it, that gets technical, but.. I think I've found another shot to do with my tripod for Mousefest, actually. I've never really done any exposure combining, it's a procedure I need some practice at.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014