Might be time for PhotoShop

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Scottwdw, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

In keeping with my philosophy of only getting an expensive item when I need it, it looks like it is time for me to invest in Photoshop. ; The sports photography work I have done in the past and in the near future (more on that when news becomes available) has me looking at getting the standard photo editor.

I have three questions for you PS experts:

1. Which version do I get? ; CS6 or CS6 Extended? ; My main goal is for creating composities and templates for individuals and teams. I am looking at buying templates to start. ;

2. What learning tools would you recommend to a new user of Photoshop?

3. What are the most important tools in Photoshop one should master?

Thank you! ; I want to make the most of such an investment which will delay other investments I had planned for this year.

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I see a lot of views but no comments? ;

Update for you, I have installed Photoshop CS6 Extended Edition on my computer. ; The last two questions above still need answering if anyone would like to help me out here. ; Thanks!!!!

Oh, and I lied, because of the my daughter's status at FSU, I was able to get a good price on CS6 so I went ahead and replaced my worn out SB-600 flash with a new Nikon SB-700.

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Layers/masks/blend modes

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks, Tim!

5. ELinder

ELinder Member

I just got the CS6 Classroom in a book. I'm going to start in on it next week, so I'll let you know how it is.

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks, Erich! ; I know I want to get a couple of Scott Kelby books but want an intro one first. ; I will be very interested in what you think of CS6 Classroom in a Book.