May 2012 Land & Sea Trip

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I will be cruising on the Dream (had to back off the Fantasy trip for financial reasons) for 4 nights and then spending another 5 nights at Walt Disney World. ; The trip will include a Star Wars weekend and a photowalk in Disney's Hollywood Studios with hopefully a special surprise (though I am sure some of you can guess what it might be).

Plans are still in the works but the dates I will be at WDW are May 24-30. ; I will announce the details of the photowalk when I finalize them.

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Sounds GREAT! ; I can't wait!

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Jeff,

I am going to there for the entire Star Wars weekend instead of one day. ; Will probably take it in over the three days but won't be at the park for the entire day. ; How far in advance do you get your work schedule?

4. PolynesianMedic

It seems to be 2 weeks ahead, so I should know what I am working by the 15th for the time that you are going to be here. ; Have you thought about what day you are planning on doing the photowalk? ; If so I can put in for that day off and not worry about missing it.

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I am either doing it on the 28th (Memorial Day) or the 29th. ; Not sure if a holiday would be a good idea but then more locals may be able to come. ; What do you think? ;

6. PolynesianMedic

Hmm, interesting thought. ; I would think that the holiday itself might be a little busy, but since the day before is Star Wars weekends, it might be the day that others come to not deal with that. ; However, I think traditionally Monday's are busy at the MK. ;

Here is the info from Touring Plans crowd calendar:
    Mon, May 28, 2012 ; ; 9 out of 10 ; ; EP ; ; HS ; ; Memorial Day​
    Tue, May 29, 2012 ; ; ; 9 out of 10 ; ; AK ; ; EP
    Green is the park to go to and red if the one to avoid per their site.​

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

DHS is the Touringplans park to avoid on all SWW days. ; So naturally I'll be spending as much time as possible there. :)

Scott, we'll miss each other by a few days. ; I'm heading home on the 21st.

8. PolynesianMedic

These are not SWW days Dennis, they are actually the Monday and Tuesday after a SWW. ; I think that is why they are saying to avoid DHS on the Monday, the actual holiday, because those that were avoiding the park because of SWW will be headed to the park.

Scott, I think Tuesday would probably be the better day because of the anticipated crowd levels.

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Sorry, Jeff. ; When I think May and WDW, SWW just naturally follows. ; :D

10. PolynesianMedic

It's ok Dennis, I think the same way. ; ;D

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The photowalk will be on the 29th at Hollywood Studios. ; More details to follow.

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Scott, keep me posted. I arrive in WDW on the 25th & will be there till June 2nd. Would love to finally get to meet up with you. KiKi is the only one from the boards that I have ever met there. Meeting another fellow TMIPer would be Great.

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Great! ; Hopefully, Jeff and came make it, too.

14. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

That would be Great.

15. PolynesianMedic

Scott, as long as my work schedule doesn't change, I will be there. ; I have been working Fri, Sat, and Sun nights only.

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I will hop over to the Facebook Page to sign up. See you there. ; 8)

18. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

May 2012 Land & Sea Trip

I'm in. All signed up.

19. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Welcome aboard. ; It should be a great time.

20. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I am so ready for it. Thanks for putting this together. It never seems to work out for me that any of these events can happen while I am there. Finally I will get in on one of them. ; 8)