Man Brings Loaded Gun on Dinosaur Ride

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, May 29, 2013.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

If this wasn't so scary it would be funny. ; Read the article and tell me what you think of this guy. ; Also, Florida has a concealed weapon license. Nice...NOT!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 7853.story

Maybe he wanted to relive a scene from Jurassic Park? ; :p :-[ :-\

2. 1. Dumb [explicative].

2. I mean, it's Disney World! ; Really? ; Dumb [explicative].

3. ; When you're a concealed carrier, you are responsible for maintaining awareness of your firearm at all times. ; It's not like he would have been (outside the parks) carrying illegally. ; He had to have known better as a permitted concealed carrier.

4. .380 hollow-points are meant to do one thing. ; He should be banned permanently.

5. Dumb [explicative].

3. Next ones in the parks see if you see the huge "no firearms" signs at the entrances. ; :mad:

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

"He didn't know guns weren't allowed in the parks". ; Ah, yeah...that's the ticket. ; Hmmm...I never saw a sign that says I can't bring a samurai sword, dress like a Nazi soldier, or bring live grenades either...but some distant vestige of common sense says not to.

Kids, families, popcorn, costumed characters, rides, guns...which one of these doesn't belong?

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not much to say that already has not been said.

But I would like to repeat Peter's #1 and #5!

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Couple this incident with the Disneyland "bomb". ; I imagine bag checks are going to get worse....hopefully we won't see metal detectors.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The Disneyland incident was an employee though. ; I suppose is was dry ice in a plastic bottle as you see in YouTube videos. ; Two items easily brought in thru an employee bag check as part of your lunch.

As for the Concealed Carry issue, while the guy was a moron for bringing in a weapon, I'm not going to freak out over it. ; Only a pat down or metal detector would have caught this.

Sent from my iPhone...

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I know here in Oklahoma it's pretty much assumed unless posted otherwise, guns are permitted for those with a conceal permit.

I noticed the same mentality among many people I knew in Texas.

But that was in regards to public property. ; Disney is private property. ; I know that I would be ticked off if someone came into my home with a concealed weapon and didn't alert me to it.

Heck, Disney doesn't even allow employees to stow their legally possessed weapons in the cars in the parking lot (or so I've read)

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I believe there was a news bit a few months ago about cars being broken into and one of the victims had a "family heirloom" gun stolen.

Sent from my iPhone...

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

But at least they found my kids peanut butter and jelly last time we were there ;)