Making Dreams and Wishes come true!

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by AUBandPilot, Aug 20, 2007.

1. AUBandPilot

AUBandPilot Member

Dear TMIP family,

A few months ago I decided to make a difference. At the time, it was just to shed some of the 340 pounds from my body. About the same time as I started my journey to a better me, a gentleman named Jonathan Dichter (sound familiar) started his own journey to lose weight with some very special goals….running the 2009 WDW ½ marathon and raising money for Lou Mongello’s Disney World Trivia Dream Team to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of America. After reading trip reports from the 2006 and 2007 WDW ½ marathons I loved the idea of being able to run through Epcot and the Magic Kingdom with people cheering for me. And, after reading Jonathan’s goals, I quickly claimed the 2009 WDW ½ marathon as a goal of my own. Since then, I’ve already shed 30 pounds and also registered for the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 6.5K race in October.

Recently at MagicMeets, the Dream Team’s silent auction raised $9,000 for Make-A-Wish®. In the same spirit, I want to turn my weight loss into wishes and I need your help to make it happen.

On July 19th, I launched the Phat Disney Geek Weight Loss Sponsorship Program to support the Trideum Foundation and the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Georgia and Alabama. Working in close cooperation with the Trideum Foundation, we will be participating in the Adopt-A-Wish program to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions with wishes to go to Walt Disney World. Participating in the Adopt-A-Wish program provides us with the pleasure of being closely involved with the wish granting process to include hosting the send-off/wish party. In turn, this provides me the opportunity to show my sponsors the result of their generous donations.

If you choose to sponsor me the process is very simple…
    • Logon to phatdisneygeek.com and read the “Sponsorship Infoâ€

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Byron,

I commend you on your mission to shed the weight and become healthier in the process. To top it off, you have found a way to keep yourself motivated and at the same time help those who are less fortunate than yourself.

I'm commend you further for tackling 13 miles of running. I have tossed around the idea but I remember doing 10K races and the length of time that I'm stuck with only myself for entertainment was just too much for me to bare...haha

Maybe one day, the Mouse will host a bodybuilding competition for those of us who like to lift weights but don't like to run

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014