Main Street USA - Scott Kelby Strikes Again

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Tim, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Many of you remember my Main Street USA image as the "TMIP Signature Image" from 2008. Well, after applying some of the Scott Kelby love that I have learned, I think it is now better than ever. Here is a quick peek...

BEFORE (last year's image)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

The sky is definitely more blue now and the colors of the flowers along Main Street plus the pastel color of the building pop now.

I gives the entire image a more fantasy feel

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very saturated and fantasylike...neat effect there. If you applied some foreground blur, it might work well as a tilt-shift style model shot even though it isn't a high angle shot, just because the colors and the absence of people give it a toy-like or model like feel.

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It looks great Tim! Nice work!

5. Kiki

Kiki Member

You and Scott Kelby, T, gettin' it done!

6. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Absolutely awesome processing. One question, for the "AFTER" image, did you use Scott Kelby's techniques all the way through (as in Image out of camera>"AFTER") or did you go from BEFORE>AFTER?

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I took the "before" and made it into the "after". I didn't want to go all the way back to the raw because it took a lot of work to begin with.

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

that is just fantastic!
    the difference between the two afters is neat, but the "out of camera" to the two afters is just awesome!

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

Wow! That's an incredible difference. Nice work Tim!