Machete don't text. Scenes from the advance screening.

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by Roger, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Austin is Hollywood Central U.S. ; As a result, we get a lot of advance screenings, premieres. ; Heck, the latest Star Trek movie was sneak advanced - they billed it as a showing of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. ; Next thing you know Leonard Nimoy shows up and lets everybody know that the print of Star Trek II they were planning on sending was damaged so Paramount decided to send something else instead - it was the new movie, about 4 weeks before the official release date...

It's also the home to Troublemaker Studios aka Robert Rodriguez. ; Thursday night there was an advance screening of Machete with the proceeds going to a Texas Film fund. ; A lot of the cast was in attendance, and it gave me a good chance to give the 80-200G a workout!

[​IMG]
    Danny Trejo

[​IMG]
    Electra and Elise Avellan, AKA The Crazed Babysitter Twins

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roger

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Danny with Michelle Rodriguez

[​IMG]
    Michelle Rodriguez and Jeff Fahey

3. HW

HW Member

nice job Roger. ; how was the movie ?

4. Roger

I gave it a B. ; It's not a movie if you want it to have a point or see character development. ; It's a really good homage to the B movie/70s slasher type films. ; Lots of gore.

5. Roger

[​IMG]
    Daryl Sabara. ; You may remember him as Juni Cortez in Spy Kids 1, 2, and 3. ; I don't know if he'll be playing Juni Cortez in Spy Kids 4, which starting shooting Friday in Austin. ; He will be in it though. ; But he won't be a Spy Kid...number 4 is a reboot.

[​IMG]
    Showing off his jacket

[​IMG]
    Alvaro Rodriguez

[​IMG]
    Cheryl Chin and the two other guys play two of the goons in the movie.

6. Roger

[​IMG]
    Ara Celi

[​IMG]
    Mayra Leal and Alicia Marek. ; Alicia was one of the women in the original trailer so he made sure he wrote her into the story. ; She ends up playing Lindsay Lohan's mom.

[​IMG]
    Billy Blair on the left

[​IMG]
    Another shot of the Avellan twins. ;
    The guy on the right was an extra in one scene. ; It was kind of funny when Robert was introducing the cast - he came to that guy and it was like Three Amigos deja vu....You are? ; I was the one carrying the gun in the chop shop. ; But the look on his face here is priceless.

7. HW

HW Member

Tarantino has been doing the same with the homage stuff which is fun for pure entertainment. Again nice shots Roger. looks like a good time was had by all

8. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Dadgum, that's a cool way to spend an evening!

Is it just me, or is Michelle Rodriguez even hotter IRL?

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots! ; What a cool experience to be able to see this ahead of time. ; I am actually thinking about going to see it when it does hit the movies, but we shall see.

10. Roger

Thanks everyone! ; Jeff, it should be nationwide this weekend.

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

@WillCAD... yes, she is better in real life. [​IMG]

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Looks like a great time, and looks like the lens worked beautifully - nice and sharp and good for low light indoors at a distance. ; Michelle Rodriguez definitely looks better in person than on film! ; And Danny Trejo is just about the nicest maximum security ex-con repeat offender violent criminal ex-gangster turned actor you'd ever want to know (no joke...that guy's hard looks are NOT just looks! ; Yet he'd give you his shirt if you needed it).

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Roger! ; Looks like a fun event.