Lost but not Forgotten

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by zackiedawg, Mar 8, 2009.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Here's a collection of some of the old attractions of WDW which are no longer...from the archives:

River Country (from a miniboat):
    [​IMG]

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea:
    [​IMG]

Promenade Players (a gypsy puppet show in Epcot):
    [​IMG]

Epcot double-decker transportation busses:
    [​IMG]

World of Motion:
    [​IMG]

Horizons:
    [​IMG]

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

AWESOME Justin!
    I love the WOM and Horizons pictures!

Is that Discovery Island on the left in the first pic?

3. zackiedawg

Thanks - Those two were always favorites of mine, not just of Epcot...but of all of Disney.

Yes...I believe that should be Discovery Island in the first shot.

I've got a few scans in worse condition than those above...from old yellowed photos...from Discovery Island.

I guess those apply in the Lost but not Forgotten thread:

[attachment deleted by admin]

4. Paul

Paul Member

Justin,

These are great, thanks for sharing. I love seeing pictures from the past because I just didn't get down to WDW that much in those days. I love the double-decker buses at EPCOT. I never knew those existed. When were those present?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. zackiedawg

Not sure of the exact dates they ended - they were there when Epcot opened, and I remember them through 1990 when I moved to California. I want to say they were still there when I moved back for a while. Then I think by at least early 2003-4, they stopped passenger rides on them and they had become the Junkanoo music/party bus and the character bus. Maybe someone may know the exact dates they stopped - my guess would be sometime in the late 90s.

Thanks for the comments too...fun to share the old pics!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014