Looking for ways to save money

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rosyrain, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

My family is trying to get some money saved so that we can take a real vacation next year and buy a house within the next 2 to 3 years. What are some of the ways you save money?

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Bring your own sandwiches and an insulated 2 gallon jug with you into the Parks... you'll save a TON of money.

3. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher Member

Another thing you could do is eat outside the parks. When ever I visit Disney World I will eat a big breakfast and then I will eat dinner outside the park. Usually if I eat a big breakfast its enough to hold me over until dinner. As far as fluids go you could bring one of the stainless steel water bottles that has strap that goes around your neck. And refill it at the water fountains.

Greg

4. firelily99

firelily99 Member

When I travel I do try and save by not eating out as much as I can. During the day I will carry a bag of snacks, I eat my breakfast before I leave and I don't spend lavishly when I have my evening meal. Kids adapt to this well because you can make a game of brown bagging it by having mystery bags and picnics. Beverages are always expensive but generally I am happy with water.

5. Rosyrain

Rosyrain Member

Thank you for the tips. When we go, I am going to make sure that we pack a cooler full off food and carry some water bottles that we can refill. We plan to drive down to the park, so we will not have to worry about plane rides and all of that.