Look What Came Today!

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras & Equipment' started by Jeff Fillmore, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

A shiny new Nikon FE. ; (The 50/1.2 I had already.)

Well shiny anyway- probably new when I was 10 years old. ; ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I must say- my initial impression is very positive. ; I love the simple layout of the controls and the view of the settings and the analog meter in the viewfinder. ; I picked up some BW400CN tonight at the store just to have something to test it out with tomorrow I can get developed in an hour. ; 8)

I'll pick up some Tri-X and Velvia 50 later. ; (Yes FILM boys & girls... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photographic_film )

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ken Rockwell would be proud. ; You're joining the revolution! ; ;D

Nice addition Jeff!

3. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very Nice Jeff. I still have an old Yashica that my mother had given to me years ago.

4. Roger

Oooh now I'm itching to pull out my FtB....perhaps an old-school event for 2010:

Old School Photography: ; Before Digital. ; Before AF. ; Bring your old manual focus film cameras!

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I have actually been seriously thinking about one of the new Zeiss Ikon 35mm rangefinder kits. ; I wanted to go digital with a Leica M8 but could not bear to sell my 28mm f/1.4 for the funds. ; (Started to and had to pull the plug- my heart was breaking. ; :'( ) ;

6. Roger

Well Jeff, if the rumor of the 35/1.4G AF-S is true, I think a little of the market for the 28/1.4 will dry up.

But those Ikons are nice!

7. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I don't care- 35mm is too wide for me- 28mm is borderline. ; Now a 24mm f1.4 THAT I would be digging. ; I think Canon has one- maybe someday.

Until then...

[​IMG]

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Hmmm...a retro night for Pixelmania...film only. ; Sounds interesting! ; I still have my trusty old Pentax ME-Super which I've owned since new in 1979...I've got a basic Pentax SMC 35mm F2.8 on there, plus an Osaka (who's that?) 50mm F2 and a Tokina 80-200. ; Batteries are removed - but the great thing about those old manuals is that it can still shoot!

9. Roger

True, Canon does have one, and it was just upgraded, since it was older and had serious corner problems, so much so that the 35/1.4 was considered stronger than the 24. ; Now Nikon rules the 24 field with the 2.8 - I'm sure they are working on a 1.4 model but they probably have a problem of filter size to consider, and the same problem they had with the 28/1.4 - cost v. benefit....

10. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Sounds like a good idea, but I don't think I'll have room in my luggage for both digital and film cameras. ; I could probably fit in my LunaPro light meter, if anyone's interested.

11. gary

gary Member

uh ugh, thass right, now i be getting old skool on ya, draggin down my mamiya 7 mf rangefinder, getting all 6x6 on yo!

12. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Carried it all day yesterday- dumb rain. ; Finally got to snap a few a dinner- very dark restaurant- all wide open. ; Kodak BW400CN processed and scanned at the corner store but a start anyway. ; Camera seems to be working great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Someone at your table diabetic? ; That second to last shot looks like a glucometer, to me.

14. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

My 8yo daughter has Type-1- that is her brand new Omnipod.

15. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

boy, I love film grain!

16. Roger

Wow, they developed it? ; The last time I tried to get that film developed at the cheap places, they refused. ; "It's B&W".

Me: "It says C-41 PROCESS."

Them: "It's B&W and we have to send it out."

Me: "They will just C-41 PROCESS it. ; Meanwhile there is a better chance for it to get lost."

Them: "We don't process B&W, we have to send it out and it'll take 7-14 days."

Me: "????????? Just let me have my film back"

17. mSummers

mSummers Member

I believe Ron White said it best "... you can't fix stupid.... there's no pill you can take..."