Kingdom Camera Rentals

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by rickenmartin78, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Anyone use Kingdom Camera yet? ; What did you think? ; Exactly how did the delivery/return work? ; And do they include UV (protective) filters on the lenses?

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

A bunch of us used them at Pixelmania. ; I was happy with their service.

When you place your order on-line, one of the last things you are asked is to pick a time range for delivery/pick-up (I believe it's morning/afternoon/evening). ; Closer to your trip, you can contact them via phone or email to set an exact time. ; They're pretty flexible (within reason). ; They met me in the lobby at Pop Century with the lens and case. ; There was a UV filter on the lens, but it wasn't multicoated, so I was sure to remove it when photographing anything at night with bright point sources (like fireworks).

Returning the lens was a different situation. ; I was supposed to meet them at Pop the morning of my departure, but since the owner (Lenise) was participating in Pixelmania, I just gave her the lens the afternoon before.

Give them a try. ; It sure beats renting from another company and having to carry the lens down with you.

3. Sounds great! ; Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am going to try them in July, just not sure which lens to give a whirl.

5. Just booked a 24-70 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 for June. ; I wanted to go for a fisheye too, but then I realized I only have 7 days to shoot! ; :mad:

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Nice to see they have added more full frame lenses. ; Will definitely be trying out the Nikon 14-24 on my next trip down.

8. Will do, Tim! ; Thanks for pointing me to the review. ; I'm already looking forward to renting from these folks.

Yep...as I am a wannabe enthusiast, I wanted the chance to shoot with pro glass while at the World without mortgaging the house! ; I'm shooting with a D7000...so it's cropped sensor territory for now. ; I'm not complaining--I'm looking forward to the near-300mm equivalent on the 70-200 (especially at AK).

9. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'm a little late, but I rented from them at Pixelmania as well and I can't recommend them highly enough. ; Lenise went out of her way to deliver the lens after I forgot to call her to nail down a more specific time. ; The delivery was quick and easy since they have a custom iphone app that takes care of the whole process including emailing you confirmation of the deliver and the receipt. ; For the return, like Dennis, I didn't actually schedule one since I just gave it back to Lenise at Pixelmania.

10. Thanks for the info, Michael!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Whar Sony lenses? Whar??

12. [​IMG]
    Kingdom Camera Goodness by rickenmartin78, on Flickr

(Late) Update:

My June rental experience with Kingdom Camera couldn't have gone any smoother. ; I had originally booked the lenses online to be delivered to AOA, then booked the tripod for Beach Club. ; One quick call (to Ron) was all it took to sort out my mistake quickly. ; Ron asked me which tripod I wanted to use. ; Ever the inexperienced gear head, I hesitated and started asking silly questions. ; Ron then said he wanted to bring BOTH tripods for me to look at in person--in order to make a better choice!

I needed an early delivery at the Beach Club so we would be able to attend the opening of MK that morning. ; Ron said he could be there at 7am and that he would text me a few minutes earlier for convenience. ; KCR sent Ian to meet me at the Beach Club lobby promptly--we met just a few minutes before 7am. ; After some brief chit-chat, we laid all the equipment out for inspection: 1 Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8, 1 Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR (both with carrying cases), and several tripod/ballhead combos. ; The lenses were in great condition. ; The glass was perfect from what I could see. ; I selected the bigger carbon-fiber Manfrotto legs w/ballhead (MK293C4-A0RC2 combo). ; The lenses came with their own cases. ; Ian also offered several camera bag options--at no extra charge--if needed. ; I already had a backpack ready to receive my new goodies. ; I then signed for the gear and was asked if I had any questions.

I lugged both lenses around all week (quite the workout). ; I used the 24-70 the majority of the time. ; The 24-70 gave me the most flexibility around the parks. ; The 70-200 was outstanding for shows, portraits, and especially at AK for animal close-ups. ; I only used the tripod a few days and only at the resorts. ; The one regret I have is that I didn't PLAN enough "tripod time" at the parks.

Lenise met me, again at BC around 7am, for the gear return. ; As some of you have dealt with her in the past, it shouldn't be a surprise that she was extremely friendly and ever concerned about my experience with them and the gear. ; She gave the lenses and tripod a once-over and that was it--the rental was over.

My overall impression with Kingdom Camera, from start to finish, was one of professionalism and top-notch service. ; The gear is also quite the deal compared to most lens rental sites. ; As long as Kingdom Camera is around and I'm going to the World, I'll be using them.