Instagram

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by jtrain75, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

Is anyone else on Instagram? If so post your ID here so we can follow! Mine is jameswebbphotography

2. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Mine: thetombricker
    Wife's: distouristblog

Ironically, my wife's is filled with much better photos. In fairness, she has an iPhone 4 and I have a 3gs.

A lot of "real" photographers hate Instagram, but I love it. It stylizes a typically poor quality to make it more visually engaging. It can be a bit cliche, but I see it as harmless. "Real" photographers are way too uptight about a lot...

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I have the app and have never used it. ; Please explain what Instagram is and what is for.

4. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

Tim think of it as a Twitter account. But instead of updates, you post photos. There are preset filters that give your photos vintage feel. I signed up for it with the intent of posting pics I've taken with my iPhone. I've put a couple that I've taken with my Canon, but most are from my iPhone.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

It is another extension of the Facebook Empireâ„¢ that will make Zuckerberg even more money based on the fact that photos that look like they are from the early color film era(1950s) is currently considered "hip".

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

7. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I'm on as: Coo1eo, added all of you.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

9. Paul

Paul Member

I bolted Instagram as soon as Facebook gobbled it up. ; I just tweet for photos now if I have the urge to do so and host them at my Zenfolio site.

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I never liked Instagram. ; The pictures with that "vintage" filtering drove me batty. ; If I wanted to look at old pictures, I would look at my old photo albums. ; I find the pervasive use of those stylings as annoying as the need for young women to do duck lips in their group shots