Icicle Castle, Christmas Tree, and Main Street

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Craig, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

We just got back from mousefest.
    This is one of many castle shots I have. I took this one from the train station 14 seconds f11.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Beautiful, and I love the composition!

3. Craig

thanks Roger!

4. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I really like the tree and colored lights paired with the blue and white castle lights. Fantastic shot.

5. Roger

This is one of those shots you can not get at DL.

Well, you could, but imagine the castle being only in the bottom 1/3 of the shot.

6. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Gorgeous - absolutely beautiful! The colors are amazing!

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Beautiful, Craig! I take it you brought a tripod this time. :) How'd that go for you?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  8. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Brilliant Craig! I see they have moved the tree. When I was there in the beginning of November, the tree stood to the right of the castle along the Tomorrowland walkway.

9. Craig

thanks disney geek and prettypixie. I also liked the contrast between the warm and cold lights.

Scottwdw- yes I took the tripod for the first time. I did not really like using it. I am not comfortable having my gear set up on a tripod trusting others not to trip over it. It was very busy as my plan was to take the photos at the beginning of the party, and then stow the tripod in a locker.
    my tripod does not have a carry bag and does not fold up very small. It almost did not fit in the locker. I had to shove the door closed.

What's funny to me is the next night I was taking photos of the Contemporary with the tripod standing in the middle of the road between cars with less apprehension than the hub of MK.

My hats off to all of you that use a tripod all the time in the parks. Hopefully one day I will join your ranks :)

10. Roger

All the time? I just use it at night. Daytime I don't see the need unless you're using a 400+mm lens that is faster than f/5.6, in which case you're either as strong as The Hulk, or using a gimbal head on a tripod!

11. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Well, I only use it at night, but I still have to carry it around with me all day in the parks and mine doesn't fold up as small as Tim's

12. Craig

sorry guys,
    I meant only at night. I know you dont need a tripod during the day!

13. Roger

Craig, that's an acceptable mistake.

I have seen people with tripods in the park. During the day.

Usually they have a point and shoot on them too. Maybe they want pics of themselves at the park with everybody in them. Personally I wouldn't leave my camera that long! (basically never)

14. Craig

Roger thats funny! Youre right I saw a woman on the maharajah trek with a tripod during the day with a tiny p&s. it looked strange. and she looked so serious and not happy.

Tripods during the day kind of defeat the 35mm format (usually)(imo) :)

15. Scott

Scott Member

Great shot, Craig. I like the composition.

Sometimes I can't avoid carrying a tripod during the day (like if I know I'll need it later and I don't want to store it). I usually open one leg a bit, and put the leg through my belt, so that the tripod hangs off my hip like a sword.

16. Craig

here are two more. I will post a couple more later when I get them ready.

The first one is from the other side of the train station zoomed a little closer on the castle.

The second is taken from the Contemporary.

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

17. gary

gary Member

nice shots, i really like the colors in the second one

18. Roger

I have to ditto that.

19. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I really like the second one. A lot of people have shared their beautiful night pictures of the castle and I believe yours is the first one I've seen with the orange/pink lighting. Very unique!

20. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

I agree with the above post. While all the others are beautiful yours are different. I like the colors that are in your castle pictures.