I have to ask

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by lightslicer, Jan 2, 2013.

1. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Though it probably is somewhere ; here- or been discussed to death before my arrival-
    BUT what does everyone do with ALL thier WDW shots. Who is just virtual with thier galleries- does anyone make books of thier prints...... do you print yourself....or is your thought- I dont care- I just have to take the pictures....
    Just wondering- thanks.....

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Virtual now. ; Back in the film days I printed my best ones though.

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I have several enlargements of my favorite shots that I rotate on the walls. But mostly, they make excellent screen savers and slideshows, especially with ; flat screen tv's, which look like a giant frame to me!

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I have two that I have printed and framed. ; I make a photobook using MyPublisher for each trip I take that highlights my favorite ones.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I've printed a couple, but most of them are just posted to my website, flickr, TMIP, etc. ; I want to try a photo book from Adorama Pix the next time they're running a sale on them to see how the prints look.

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Majority to my online gallery, where I keep a Disney gallery split into parks and a few other categories. ; I also have a photo book or two with some Disney shots sprinkled in. ; And I've got several Disney shots hanging on walls at home and at the office...I tend to put the more obscure shots that don't necessarily 'look' like Disney at home, because I make prints to match a room's style or theme, ie: animal shots from Animal Kingdom in the guest bathroom which has an African theme, shots from some of the Epcot pavilions with details from Morocco, China, and Japan and detail shots from Animal Kingdom's buildings that have British Colonial references for the Explorer's Lounge (my living room), and some detail shots from Adventureland, Polynesian Resort, and others for the Pacific-island theme of my pool bathroom. ; At work, I have the more obvious Disney references - castle, Spaceship Earth, etc.

7. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

Thanks for your responses...interesting to see....
    Back in film days- they all got printed- point and shoot- ya know-
    Now- I am overwhelmed by how many I have taking up ALOT of virtual space- and have to learn to DELETE more and appreciate the best of the best- in my other little business- I capture for reference alot of color and texture image crops from my trips....have to get a handle on it though it grows more out of control with each trip since I have gone digital. ; I too have plans to get more in frames- and get some books printed. ;

Peg who ponders things of Disney tooooo often ::)

8. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

I usually edit my favorites and save them until I find a deal for penny 4x6 prints. Then they go into albums. I'm still sure that I'm going to wake up someday with a dead computer and no pictures. I also print a lot at home and post some to my Flickr page. If I get a wild hair, I'll have a book printed every year or so. (Still need to compile my book from my 2011 trips.

9. I have had the most enjoyment making photo books. ; Even though I've only printed one (DCL Eastern Caribbean), the fun of organizing photo books makes me investigate subject matter for the captions. ; It forces me to look and ask the questions that turn snapshots into stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. gary

gary Member

i have one each large of the 4 park icons on my walls, i also select and print large 1 from each of my high end vacations, ie panama canal cruise, alaska, yellowstone, etc, the rest end up on various or multiple web viewing, my phanfare site, my flickr stream etc.
    as far as the dead computer fears, i use a net stora raid cabinet, so if 1 drive goes bad i still have a duplicate until i can get in a replacement drive.