How about something that was started but not finished...

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by modemmike, Jun 10, 2007.

1. modemmike

modemmike Member

For some reason I'm fascinated with the abrupt stop of construction over at Pop Century Legendary years... I took some photos a while back with my old Kodak point and shot but I think these pictures almost haunting to look at (sorry about the embossed URL, my system does it automatically):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Again, shots I'd like to redo, do you ever get away from that feeling? Most of my pictures I'd love to retake especially after some much need training from Tim.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Dan

Dan Member

Woah.. I've never heard about this.

Yeah, it is kind of eerie.. I have this bizzare post apocalyptic fascination, I see those pictures and I picture Disney World after the apocalypse. Or I could go really weird and come up with a sort of Mad Max style apocalyptic society inhabiting the remains of WDW.. of course the ruler of the society would live in the castle.. using Universe of Energy's solar panels for power..

About "shots I'd like to redo".. well, if you're advancing as a photographer, then you shouldn't stop thinking like that.
    Or, to put it another way.. I don't want to see the day when I go to Disney World, or my local zoo, or whatever, and find that there's no more pictures I want to take. That's actually ended up driving me to improve, because I've taken most of the usual Disney pictures already. So I need to improve my old ones, or come up with new ones. Or copy other people on this board, which I have absolutely no problem doing ;).

3. modemmike

modemmike Member

Ya, it would make for a really fun paint ball game!

I'll go back there sometime soon... I'm trying to see if one of my connections can get me in closer without raising security alarms...

4. Dan

Dan Member

You mention paintball.. you know what I've always wanted to do? Turn the entire Magic Kingdom into a laser tag arena. I figure make each land the territory for a particular team, with one attraction being each team's home base, with a flag located inside somewhere. I can just picture sentries riding the TTA, firing at intruders from above. Or guards on the outside loops of Splash Mountain, protecting the entrance.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

ya know, for as nutty as that sounds, it doesn't sound all that bad...