Hmmmm

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Sean&Karen, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Just received a survey from Disney about getting my AP, asking if i planned to go again because of it and would I consider getting another one if it was offered.

It looks like depending on the results Disney gets back that they might be planning on extending the offer next year.. Maybe a new pricing structure coming down the pipe for APs?

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I got that too. ; Lets hope they extend the offer since a number of PAPers are mad about the loss of the 20% discount.

Sent from my iPhone...

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

The cynic in me says they are planning on adding another tier of APs. ; Disneyland had 3 and even 4 different APs. ; From one that had no blockout days and free parking, to ones that only worked Sun-Thursday in the offseason with no free parking. (granted the cost of that AP paid for itself in 2 visits)

I think you'll see another tier become available with different FP+ options.

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

What did they do to the 20%? Your talking about the 20% merchandise discount right?

Crap now i need to go google it

5. Roger

lol they cut it in half. ; But hey, WDW is getting DL's president though!

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! "Curse words are flying now". They suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Tim, I know I don't post much anymore, but If wdw gets much worse, I won't be thereto take any new pictures. Screw them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I understand your frustration, Craig. ;

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Sorry to hear that Craig. ; I admit I'm often frustrated with many of the changes they make, but I still enjoy myself when I go there despite all the annoying changes. ; Though admittedly for me it's a combination of my old love for Disney as well as a chance to just get off of work and have no responsibilities, walking around the parks and sometimes not even riding anything...that, plus the DVC and APs that make it easy to go on-the-cheap, which makes it the easy and quick vacation choice I can make throughout the year to take little hiatuses in between the one or two bigger vacations.

10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I concur. ; For me, just getting away from work is worth the trip.

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

11. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I just don't see how WDW justifies the way they treat their Annual Passholders when Disneyland seems to treat them like Royalty

12. Roger

Ray, DL wants to treat their APs like WDW. It's just during the late 90s early 2000s mgmt at DL loved the revenue and believed the myth that the vast majority of their AP holders spend lots of money in the park.

Reality is that most users go for only a few hours at a time, don't buy merch, and don't eat in the park on most visits. Which is why they are steadily increasing the price of APs.

Another issue is volume. Disneyland has over 1 million APs. WDW is much lower than that, even when you consider the Florida resident ones! ; Orlando is still a destination while Disneyland is still a regional theme park. More people live in driving distance of DL than WDW. Meaning within 60 miles.

13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If I lived within that 60 mile radius I would be in the parks every other weekend and some weekdays. ; That is the same distance to my parents house...

As for treatment of APers, I peruse a DVC forum on tapatalk and many of members on that board flat out state that they dont spend much time in the park let alone buy stuff. ; And then they post complaints about WDW taking away perks. ; It frustrates me to, but the perks are just that... Perks, bonus content. ; At some point there will be a "happy medium" where most are satisfied. ; At least I hope.

(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)