Hippo Hero

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Roger, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

So I decided not to wait for the intro meet this morning and went straight to get a FP for the Safari and then walk the Gorilla FallsPangani Forest trail before the Safari meet. ; I had a lot of luck going first thing before the guests come out and disturb the tenants, and today was not an exception to that! ; Got met at the entrance to the trail and asked if I wanted a Magical Moment; ended up to help the staff feed the hippos by training them to come to the glass. ; Held a staff with a colored float tip against the glass and sure enough they came to the window, and got fed. ; And this is one of the shots during the whole thing:

[attachimg=1]

I'll post more later after I've fully processed the shots, not just reviewed quickly.

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That is a really cool shot Roger! ; A little creepy being that close to a hippo!

3. That is fantastic. My plan next week was to hit Pangani early to get some photos before people arrived. Maybe I'll get lucky too.

4. Chris B

Chris B Member

That is fantastic. ; Great for you Roger.

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Good times and a nice treat for you. ; Congrats. ;

(from my htc incredible)

6. HW

HW Member

well done Roger

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

All I can think of is Hungry, Hungry Hippo! ; :) ; Now that's up close and personal!

8. Roger

9. Roger

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Awesome! ; Great experience, great moment, cool idea from Disney, and nice shots too.

In particular, you got a winner on this one:

That's a great perspective and almost impossible to get otherwise - I've had them close to the window - but freezing to look in like that is unique!

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Those are some great shots Roger!

12. HW

HW Member

great stuff Roger

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Next time I go to AK, I'm heading down this trail first. ; I knew you'd have some stellar stuff once you got a chance to work with them. ; You didn't disappoint, Roger. ;

14. Roger

Thanks everyone!

And thanks Scott; wish I had time to put a polarizer on to eliminate the reflections.....but I was by myself.

Also wish the hippo didn't turn around to eat. ; That's what he did! ; And then the other did his thing to the glass wall! ; (and no I didn't take pictures of that!)

15. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Yeah...I got there after the hippo did the other thing to the glass...so no hippo photos for me this trip! ; ;)