Hi everyone...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by spuddybaby, Dec 17, 2012.

1. spuddybaby

spuddybaby Member

I have just signed up to this site as i have recently caught the photographgy bug.....!

I am a massive Disneyworld fan, have been 7 times since my first trip in 2002. I live in the UK just outside London
    Earlier this year i took the plunge and upgraded my point and shoot sony camera to a NIkon d5100 DSLR.

This was because we have a three year old son and we wanted really good photos of him growing up, plus I wanted some nice photos of Disney made up to canvas and put up n the walls at home. and a point and shoot just wasnt going to be good enough.

My brother-in-law is a press photographer so i asked him to recomend a camera which would be good for me. He had just bought himself a Nikon d5100 as his "holiday camera", so i thought if its good enought for him, its good enough for me.
    I bought the camera and kit lens, and also added a 55-200mm Nikon zoom lens. Then i also bought a Nikon 35mm prime lens to replace the kit lens

We went to Disney for 16 nights in November, and i took in excess of 1,400 photos (excluding photos i deleted immediately) so had a wealth of images to sort through for suitable canvas. Thanksfully we have managed to do it, and myself and my wife were very satisfied iwth the results.

I did two day-courses in begineers photography so i have learned to move away from Auto mode. In fact, almost all of the photos i took on holiday were in Aperture mode with the 35mm prime lens. Have to say from the first photo i took with that lens i was hooked, it produced some amazing images.
    I will post some of them below, would be good to see what others think.

I got some great images of the Wishes fireworks, although at the time i hadnt realised someone had kicked my tripod and they were slightly wonky! But still another reason to go back and take more.

Ialso bought a circula polariser as well to deepend the blue of the sky, which i think cmae out well.

Some of the photos are Harry Potter Land and universal so forgive me if i break any Disney rules on my first post!
    Please would like to have feedback on them..

Attached Files:

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome aboard!! ; Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

3. spuddybaby

spuddybaby Member

thanks, here are few more of my favourites photos

Attached Files:

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome!

5. gary

gary Member

welcome aboard

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Indeed welcome. ; Nice shooting - you've got the bug for both photography and for Disney, so you should fit in very well here!

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome again- you're off to a great start.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome aboard!

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Welcome! ; It's nice to see some shots from Universal. ; Most of us don't bother to go up there.

10. spuddybaby

spuddybaby Member

thanks all!!

i personall like the one i took of the stroller parking sign at universal.

is there a reason why people dont get up to universla much, or is it just that the site focuses on disney?

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

I'm not sure if there is a specific reason why we don't get up to Universal much or not. ; Personally, with the DME, I don't need to rent a car at WDW, so it is just easier to stay at Disney the whole time. ;

While the site is focused on Disney, most of us don't live there, so we still post plenty of photos from other places. ; Feel free to post all the Universal shots you want.

12. spuddybaby

spuddybaby Member

ah ok. i travel form the UK, so for me its a 2-3 week trip where do it all every year.
    We stay in disney Allstars but we hire a car for the trips to non disney parks.

13. sunmingxing03

sunmingxing03 Member

:-* Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!