Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Coo1eo, May 20, 2008.

1. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

[move]cooleo is in the house !!![/move] :D

Just wanted to say hi as I am new to the forums here. I am a friend of Ki Ki who invited me over to this site. Looking forward to sharing in the magic with everyone here. 8)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards cooleo

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Hi there and welcome, Cooleo. Any friend of Kiki's is a friend of ours!

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards cooleo!

5. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

welcome!

6. Cooleo! I recognize your name from wdwmagic and love your work! Welcome!

7. Kiki

Kiki Member

Hey Cooleo!!! So glad you made the trek over. You'll love it here! These are great folks!

8. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thanks to everyone for the warm Welcome! After just a cursory look around the site, I quickly noticed that we have some pretty accomplished photographers here. I just hope I can measure up. ;D

9. Kiki

Kiki Member

Cooleo, having seen some of your work, you'll fit in quite nicely. You do beautiful things with that camera of yours!

10. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

If you like photography and love Disney...you'll fit in just fine. :)

Welcome - where in Louisiana are you? I colleged in New Orleans - still have a special spot for it in my heart.

From what I've seen in your Coronado post, you'll add to the great selection of photographers around here!

11. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

South Louisiana - A town called Cut Off to be exact. Where did you go to college? Tulane, UNO, Delgado, etc.?

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm a Tulanian. They're all squeezed in there, aren't they? I had friends at Xavier & Loyola, and went to the lakefront behind UNO all the time too.

I think I've been through Cut Off a few times...down off SR1, on the way to Grand Isle. We used to go to either Grand Isle park or Pass Christian on the weekends - they were both about the same distance when we wanted to go to the beach. Those roads slicing down through the bayous seem to sprout those long, thin towns every few miles, all the way down. Cut Off is one of the names I can remember. A few miles long, and 1/4 mile wide, right? You must have some awesome access to wildlife photos in the bayous - you're in bayou lafourche, right?

In fact, when I was going to college at Tulane, we'd root for the Saints. I'm going to age myself with this...but I was in college 1986-1990...and the Saints were making the playoffs for the first time. Saints signs were up everywhere - but when you went through Cut Off, the signs and banners were huge and all touting the QB, Bobby Hebert. Guess he was a town native!

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the boards! Can't wait to see your stuff!

14. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Bayou Lafourche is correct & Yes, Bobby Hebert is a native of Cut Off. Led the local High School to the 1977 State Championship. Talk about revealing your age. Just the fact that I can remember that is terrifying.

Here is one of my all time Favorite pics for everyone....

[​IMG]

15. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

great pic and lucky kid to get all 5 in one shot. way to go.