Hello from a photo newb!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FrolloFan, May 4, 2012.

1. FrolloFan

FrolloFan Member

Hi everyone!

My name is Kristyn and I just joined The Magic in Pixels! I've been dabbling in photography for almost two years now. I shoot with a Nikon D5000 and am studying photography at the University of Georgia. I've been a big fan of Tim's work for a while now and would love to learn and improve my work by utilizing this website and the advice from all the talented people who frequent it!

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Welcome Kristyn to the boards!

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome Kristyn! ; Nice profile pic choice! ; Probably everyone here has a pic using that prop/scenematic element!

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Welcome to he forum, looking foward to seeing some photos...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome aboard Kristyn!

6. gary

gary Member

welcome aboard, you might actually be our first member with formal photography training, i think most of us are working away at self taught, we'll all probably end up asking you how

7. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Warm greetings, Kristyn, and welcome aboard.

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Welcome, Kristyn. ; I envy your formal training. ; You'll have to teach us all the "right way" to do this picture takin' stuff at Pixelmania. ; ;D

9. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome aboard Kristyn. Look forward to seeing your work.

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Welcome to the site Kristyn!

11. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the boards Kristyn! ; I am sure you will learn a lot here, as I know I have, and I am sure that we will also learn a lot from you and your formal training. ; Feel free to post away, and consider coming to Pixelmania this year.

12. Paul

Paul Member

Welcome Kristyn!

13. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Welcome and enjoy yourself.

14. goofmick

goofmick Member

Welcome aboard!

15. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

Welcome Kristyn! Ditto what gary said, you maybe the only photographer with a formal education in photography. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos!

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome aboard, Kristyn!

17. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Hi there Kristyn! Nice to meet you. I'm still a self taught photographer in training! I've only been shooting about a year and have learned soooo much from the forums. I look forward to learning from you.