have any one eaten at Yak & Yeti's ?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by I u diseny, Jul 17, 2008.

1. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

we made plan to eat there , my DH wanted To get in to Boma but it was full
    so we were able to get in there for lunch . I not really big on spicy ; but DH love it ..
    Is there a choice of both spicy and non spicy?

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Love the name of the restaurant.
    What cuisine do they serve?
    I'm guessing it is near Himalayan Hematoma?

3. amw

amw Member

LOL!

We stumbled into this place last trip -- it was the only sit-down restaurant we came across that had plenty of place for walk-ins. I don't recall any of the food being spicy ... mind you, I'm pretty picky and had the "Crispy Honey Chicken." Well, Yak N Yeti was kind of Yucky! ; :p The dinner was just their fried chicken nuggets , that they also gave on the kids' meals, but with some sauce drizzled on (not even coated), served with plain white rice. My Husband had a fish meal which he enjoyed. It was quiet and cool, and a nice escape from the park though -- fine dining is questionable. Definitely keep calling back about Boma if you can.

Menu from allears:
    http://allears.net/menu/menu_yak.htm

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I loved the Yak and Yeti food is good but the service needs some work. I had the Sweet and Sour pork and Kevin had the Broccoli and both were good I don't recall either being spicy. I tried getting an ADR for December and it was unavailable we may try a walkup when we are there.

5. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

:) we ; love it there . the food was great ; so was the service ; , we go again

6. highland3

highland3 Member

We had lunch there and it was great. ; I had something Asian and the rest of the family was able to eat less "adventurous". ;

Please.... save room the for mango cheesecake!!!! ; We shared a piece and it was delicious!!!!

7. scratch

scratch Member

We decided to try it.

DD had the Honey Chicken, which she seemed to enjoy. ; Wasn't impressed that they couldn't/wouldn't substitute the rice for something else.

I had the Pho. ; It's a soup with rice noodles, shrimp, slivered carrots, bean sprouts and corriander. ; They also bring a side plate to add Fish Oil and HOT red chilli! and extra veggies! ; I really enjoyed it! ;

One problem we faced was that DD is allergic to Almonds and Maple. ; By the time the chef came out to talk with us, the other tables around us that came after us, already got their meals! ; Don't go there if you are hungry!LOL

I have friends that went there early in the month, and they were basically rushed out of there!

It's going to be one of those, been there, done that, won't really try to make it back!