Has this happened for any of you?

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Brother Jay, May 12, 2012.

1. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

Something strange has happened to me since I started getting back into photography a few months ago. ; I generally take the train to work so I have time-to-kill. ; I don't nap on it like I used to (unless super mega exhausted) because I am afraid I might miss something. ; I am not taking pictures while in the train, but I am finding that in general I am seeing a lot more beauty in life that just seemed to be passing me by. ; I am.. or rather I was an outdoors guy for all of my young years into my 20's but I guess with each new year being tacked on to the total I have become desensitized to my surroundings over the years.

Since really getting into photography it has taught me to stop and look around and appreciate what I have all around me - even when trapped in the concrete towers that make up Toronto. ; Strange that something so simple could be so therapeutic. ; Have any of you experienced something similar?

...on a related but unrelated note.

; Hitting our not-too-local drive-thru zoo The African Lion Safari today with my mom and busting out the TMIP approved tripod for the occasion. ; A shutter release is en-route from B&H but will not arrive until mid week so it will have to be time delayed shots - the tripod is a rock with the wee little g12 up on top of it so I should be able to get away with a second or 2 delay on the shutter timer today.

Would love to share the best of the shots upon my return though I will need some education on how to post pics in a forum if anyone would be so kind as to nudge me in the correct direction.

2. ELinder

ELinder Member

If you look at the forum help menu it can walk you thru how to post images in your messages.

As for taking the time to smell the roses, you'll probably hear a lot of people here agree with you. Beauty is where you find it, you only have to open your eyes to see it. Your eyes are opening again.

Erich

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Jay, if you have the images uploaded to a photo site, blog, flickr, etc. you can hot link them into the forum (preferred) by using the following syntax:

Code:
    [img]IMAGE URL[/img]
    Otherwise, look at the bottom of the post (or click reply) and look for the ATTACHMENTS link.