Hangin' with the Gibbons

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Scott, May 20, 2007.

1. Scott

Scott Member

Here are a couple shots from the old temples at Anandapur, where a mama gibbon and her baby boy were hanging around on a humid day. These were taken with a Canon 70-300mm "DO" lens ("DO"=Diffractive Optics) at 300mm, which did better than I thought it would. Note that the second picture is a severe crop - the whole photo is shown just below it. This is where a lot of megapixels (13 in the Canon 5D) and a decent lens pay off. There's a bit of noise in #2 (because of the magnification), but that's easily taken care of later.

[​IMG]
    [br][br]
    [​IMG]
    [br][br]
    [​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

its funnny... when we (the TMIP community) were walking around animal kingdom last mousefest, someone actually asked if they were real monkeys or animatronics. swear to god.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Dan

Dan Member

Well I have to admit that on the Pangani Forest trail when I first saw the small ungulates (little impala looking things) that stood up on their hind legs to get at the trees I thought they were statues. It's because they were standing so still, you'd expect a foraging animal to move a little. At first I never noticed them moving, but after taking my eyes off them for a while and then looking again I noticed that the "statues" were in totally different locations.

4. Tim

dan, when that person asked the question about animatronics, the gibbons were in full motion, swinging from vine to vine. had to be there, i guess.

5. HW

HW Member

Tim. We could write a book on dumb questions

6. Tim

your signature says it best.