Halloween Party Fireworks

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by dawholagn, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Two shots from last years Halloween party.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here are some from Mickey's Not so Scary in 2007.
    All are handheld with a VR lens and 1600 iso

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Great shots guys.

4. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

Really nice shots (sorry, Great shots was already taken).

Dan's pictures are sharper
    And
    Craig's pictures have more color

What is the major difference? (and don't just say skill!) ::)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

dawholagn's appears to be on a tripod, Craig's are handheld at ISO 1600, thus have a different appearance. And usually tripod would mean sharper.

I can't answer for that exactly, but I know that back in the days of film (a solid based medium containing silver halide type chemicals that react when exposed to light and must be developed using certain chemicals in order to produce a picture but that's not important right now) if you overexposed an image, color was lost (and that's why some people underexposed certain films in order to produce more color).

But I have no idea the specifics for these images!

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

aah yes, handholding works for making snapshots, but not great photos.
    Handholding during fireworks does not allow you to have the shutter open during the entire firework blast, so you miss most of the sharp light and are left with the smoky trail.

For the color, I had the camera set to enhanced color.

also, I made a mistake earlier: I had the camera set to auto iso up to 1600, but these were shot at all different iso's. I honestly did not do a very good taking these photos. Hallowishes is my favorite fireworks show, and I was not paying too close attention to the camera.
    EVERY time the doorbell rings and Oogie Boogie answers I laugh.

7. scpergj

scpergj Member

Ok...question from the novice D80 and novice d-SLR guy...

Did you set the ISO to 1600 and run the rest in auto, or were you fully manual?

My hand held pictures from last month didn't turn out near as well (actually, most of them were pretty bad). I did get a couple of nice ones, tho...even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

[edit] OOPS...just re-read your above post, and found my answer. Maybe now I'll learn how to read, too! [/edit]

Thanks

Kevin