Grumpwurst's Adoption Trip Blog

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Tim, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Follow the adventures of Ray and Nancy as they go to China to adopt their son, Kai. ; We wish them the very best of health, luck, and safety as they travel halfway across the world to bring home their little boy (and my nephew #2). ; You can follow their adventure at:

Waiting for Xiao Hai

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

And through it all, Ray is getting some good shots of a place many of us many never visit personally. ; They should soon be meeting with Kai as it's already Monday there.

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It's been fun reading along and following the trip. ; I am so happy for them!

4. Paul

Paul Member

5. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

And there are probably many other pictures that didn't make the blog. All those pics are straight out of the camera with a little vivid action by Nikon going on.

I have all the RAWs so maybe I can work some post-production magic to make a few more pop. ; The light is either very shadowy or very bright so it make it hard sometimes

6. Tim

Ah the magic of fill light and recovery sliders. ;

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Congratulations Ray and Nancy!!!!!!!
    Dina and I are so happy for you

9. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I love this picture Ray. you did a wonderful job capturing these moments!

[​IMG]

10. goofmick

goofmick Member

Congrats on the new member of your family!!

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Thanks Scott. ; FB's blocked at work; I read his first update this morning before I left.

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

What an amazing experience this has been for him, and for us to be able to follow along has been great. ; I am so happy for them. ; Thanks for taking the time to write this stuff up Ray! ; We have all been enjoying reading it.

14. Tim

Woo hoo! ; We got some pixel love this morning. ;

15. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Caught up on some of the story. ; Very cool to see what they're doing, and how we can follow along. ; Congrats!

I also didn't know you had such a close connection, Tim. ; That's very cool. ; Congrats to you as well on your new nephew!

16. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

While Tim and I don't share a genetic link we see each other as family. ; He and Karen have been most supportive of entire emotional journey to start a family as well as many of the members on TMIP

17. Tim

Yes, ray and I are brothers from another mother. ; (and father)

18. mSummers

mSummers Member

Congratulations Ray! ;