Grim Grinning Wine Party for 2

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

1/80, f/1.8, ISO 25600. ; Nik Dfine2.0

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

very nice! ; I GOTTA get back to DL soon.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

ISO WHAT? ; Jeez...what's next...X-ray vision?

Nice...no, actually unbelievable! ; My eyes can barely detect that scene, let alone a camera lens - even at F1.4...that high ISO ability is just plain insane, especially considering how far it's come since the film days (anyone want to give ISO25,600 film a try for noise results?).

4. Paul

Paul Member

Sweet! ; Nice work Roger.

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Your ISO 25600 shots look nice- I tried that a few times when I first got the D700 and was frustrated with the noise so I usually limit it now to 12,800. ; Based on these I may need to experiment some more with it though.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shot Roger!

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

roger that is truly amazing! nice job!

8. Roger

Well...new fireworks show this summer, revised Fantasmic! returns as well (new dragon, they finally added an Ursula live action again with 2 seadoos, and they've already replaced all of the analog projectors with digital. ; Fantasmic! will be going down again next spring as part of an expected draining of the Rivers of America, just in time for World of Color to open across the causeway. ; And IASWUNM.

9. Roger

DL's HM is better lit, I really do think it's either because of the Holiday makeover, or because Cal-OSHA has their head up...well actually they finally went to "illuminate only when needed" exit signs...noticed that in the hallway.

Thanks everybody!

10. Roger

I hear you on that. ; But this trip I actually stayed on Auto-ISO (and I let the camera AF!, I have a dark rides setting which pushes AF-S to release priority, and I moved AF to only the AF-ON button) the entire time, and I think I was metering either evaluative or center-weighted in the Mansion rather than using M mode like I used to. ; It seems that so long as you get a semi-proper exposure, that ISO isn't half-bad. ; A little under exposed and the noise will show. ; I tried boosting shadows in A2 on this image, and yes, the noise became exponentially worse. ;

And the 85/1.8 isn't half bad either.

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

WOW! thanks for sharing all that info Roger!! I will set up a shooting bank on mine for dark rides and see what happens. I still only have one shooting bank I use.

12. Roger

You're welcome Craig. ; I think I'm using three of the shooting modes, and three of the custom modes, and the biggest change I have between A&B is that B on the shooting mode assumes a No-VR lens (AF-ON only to focus), and I also change the picture style that's assumed in case I switch over to JPEG.

And of course for dark rides I turn the AF illuminator off, but leave it on for the other modes, and my dark ride mode also switches the FUNC button to quickly select a non-CPU lens (a la the Zeiss 50/1.4 I used last summer, or in the case of someone else on this thread, the 50/1.2) so the camera will meter properly with it.

13. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

Roger,

Fantastic! ; Amazing that you don't have more noise with that high of an ISO setting.

Bob

14. Roger

Thanks Bob. ; Yeah, the current crop of noise removal software seems to do a great job. ; I'm trying out Dfine, but I have a license for Noise Ninja. ; But Dfine is growing on me big time.

15. mSummers

mSummers Member

Awesome shot Roger! ; And thanks for the camera setting tips!

16. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

Roger,

Thanks for the info. ; I'm going to download the demos of both and try them out.

Bob

17. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very Nice work Roger. That kind of ISO is ridiculous.