Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CoryTheRaven, Mar 23, 2008.

1. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Hi everybody! I'm new here! Here is the list of questions I'm supposed to fill out!

1. What's your first name?
    Cory

2. Do you have a nickname?
    Not to my knowledge, and I have no interest in acquiring one ^_^

3. What Province do you live in?
    Alberta, born and raised

4. How did you find the DisneyMagic.ca forums?
    I found out about it via NorthernMouse, who befriended me on Disfriends.com

5. Age (or age range)?
    30. I can't believe I'm already 30.

6. Marital status?
    In a relationship but not married.

7. Occupation?
    None as such right now... I'm a student at Lutheran Theological Seminary in Saskatoon.

8. Favorite food?
    Hmm... a good steak sammich is always welcome, and I am rather fond of both Hawaiian and BBQ Chicken pizza. And all-you-can-eat night at the sushi bar is to die for.

9. What vehicle do you have?
    None, but I'm looking into getting a pennyfarthing. It's that Victorian bicycle with the huge front wheel.

10. Which WDW park is your favorite?
    Don't know, never been there. I've been to Anaheim twice, and I'd have to go with Disneyland for my favorite ^_^

11. Who is your favorite character in a WDW attraction?
    See above. For Disneyland, it's a toss-up between Shrunken Ned, the Hitchhiking Ghosts and the Yeti from the Matterhorn. However, I do count the Hitchhiking Ghosts among my top five favorite Disney characters of all, so I guess they win out.

12. How often do you take a trip to WDW?
    See question 10. I've taken two trips to Los Angeles already, once in May 2005 and again in May 2006. I was also in Paris for one afternoon/evening in January and did go to Disneyland Paris. I'm planning a trip to Tokyo for March next year, and again to Los Angeles for sometime around five years from now.

13. Explain your user name/how you came up with it.
    I used to go on Doombuggies.com just as "Cory", but once they started requiring registration I couldn't use that anymore. So I decided to add on to my actual name with the answer I got from a "which happy haunt are you?" quiz I took. Obviously I got the Raven, and that became my general purpose Disney name - I use it on every Disney board I'm on, as well as Virtual Magic Kingdom - and eventually just became the name I use everywhere online, including my blog.

14. How long have you been a Disney addict?
    It's been off and on. When I was a kid, I of course loved Disney. I would run home every day after school and click on Family Channel, where I would watch the original Mickey Mouse Club, House at Pooh Corner, and the anthology shows. I would always watch Wonderful World of Disney on CBC, and distinctly remember their comedy Zorro show.
    But then I got older and got angry and hated Disney because that's what you're supposed to do when you're an angry teenager who thinks they're sophisticated and hardcore and an anti-corporate revolutionary type. However, I eventually grew up ^_^
    I got back into Disney through a couple back doors... Being into Victorian Science Fiction, I couldn't readily ignore such things as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Also being a Goth - into fairy tales and Pre-Raphaelite painting, classic Universal Studios monster movies and the mid-century phase of monster kitsch that came out of them - I started looking into things like the Haunted Mansion, the Disney Villains and the fairy tale animated films in general. As those interests started fanning out into other areas of Disney production, I became interested in Disneyland itself as an academic subject: my undergrad degree is in tourism and museums, with a focus on exhibit design.
    Now I'm not exactly sure where I stand on the spectrum of Disney fandom, since I'm fascinated by Disney and in the online community and all that (and will actually go to Disneyland while in Paris ^_^) but it's for very specific and articulate reasons. I dunno'. Either way, here I am!

2. amw

amw Member

Welcome Corytheraven! ; Very in-depth analysis of your Disney addiction ... I personally just blame the parents ; :D

3. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Welcome to the boards Corytheraven.

Totally agree with you on that one.

And from Alberta? ; Wow it is rare that you meet someone that is born and raised here.

4. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Thank you everyone!

Yeah, I guess so... I haven't really thought about it ^_^

5. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

Awsome to have you here Cory. We'll have to get you to Mousefest this year so you can be christened at the Florida parks properly.

6. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Thank you! And I am certainly happy to accept any all-expenses-paid offers to go! ^_^

7. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Welcome Corytheraven! ; ; ;D

8. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Welcome!
    [​IMG]

9. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Hey Cory, just looking at your photos of Disneyland. ; Those are amazing! ; What kind of a camera do you have?

10. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

Just a Sony Cybershot 5.1 megapixel with 3x optical zoom... The instamatic of digital cameras compared to my girlfriends new digital SLR ^_^

I did a little adjustment of brightness and contrast in photoshop, but otherwise live by the creed of it's not what kind of camera you have, but what you do with it. My general pattern is to take pictures of things behind things at weird angles. I try to go for more dynamic pictures with some visual depth to them.

But thank you! I'll probably post some more soon. If there was a board for international Disneylands, I could post some of Disneyland Paris as well. This site is too WDW-centric! ^_^