Google+

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by PolynesianMedic, Jul 8, 2011.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

So I have been following along with the blog's and Google's postings about their new social network Google+. ; I have been really intrigued by what I have been reading and so I went looking for an invite. ; Well, I got one! ; So if there is anyone out there that would also like to get in let me know and I will send you an invite. ; It is still in a limited private beta so they are still working on it, but I am thinking that this is finally going to give Facebook a run for it's money.

2. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I would love an invite to Google+ if you have any left?

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I would happily send you one if I had any idea what the heck I was doing on it. ;

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I'd like one if anyone has one- sure.

5. PolynesianMedic

I can send them along, just send me a PM with your email address in it, and it will be right along.

6. rcampbell

rcampbell Member

Well, I just joined the new bandwagon that is google+ and I am loving the service at least for now. ; What I like most is the feature of circles of friends so that you can tailor cut which posts are visible to which circles or none at all. While that seems limiting others from seeing any updates from you, it sure just gives you the applicable posts as well as what is shown on other's pages. ; For me, as an example, I would not want any posts about my personal life, be visible on my colleagues' pages for privacy.

7. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

I just got signed up last night and I'm still tinkering with it to figure it out. If anyone needs an invite, just let me know.

Mike

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

would i be correct in assuming that google+ is now open to everyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. PolynesianMedic

You would be 100% correct.

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Yes, it's open to everyone and I'm seeing it. ; All the Disney people are asking to follow me. ; I'm taking a different approach on G+ and only adding people to circles that I have some sort of virtual or reality-based relationship with OR they have interesting things to post. ; That way, I won't get as much noise. ; If you are on this forum and have added me, I have put you in my photography and, if applicable, my Disney Fan circles