Future Projects

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by John Frost, Apr 29, 2014.

?

Which of the following rumored projects do you think is most likely to be announced next

Poll closed Oct 26, 2014.
  1. Star Wars land at DHS

69.2%
  2. Cars Land at DHS

15.4%
  3. A New / Remodled Pavilion in Future World at EPCOT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A new country added to World Showcase at EPCOT

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. A Tomorrowland makeover at Magic Kingdom

30.8%
  6. A Frozen ride added to either Magic Kingdom or EPCOT

53.8%
  7. A Tangled musical stage show at DHS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Australia added to DAK

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. John Frost

John Frost Global Moderator Staff Member

Alright. With New Fantasyland just about wrapped up, it's time to start looking at future projects for Walt Disney World. Believe it or not, nothing has been officially announced other than Avatar-land and the nighttime entertainment at DAK. So, barring those projects, which project do you think its most likely to be announced next?

2. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

Would love to see Cars Land brought to DHS and had to vote for a Frozen ride since my kids would go nuts over it.

3. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

I think they need to capitalize on Star Wars, They have a lot of future movies coming out so my guess they will do what they are doing with Avatar and what universal did with Harry Potter.

My vote was:
    Star Wars expansion
    Carlands
    Tomorrowland Makeover
    Frozen Ride

4. trenchant

trenchant Member

I can definitely see Frozen attractions becoming a part of Disney.
    This film has been one of Disney's most popular movies for a really long time; it's been so long since the film was released, and I STILL hear people singing it about once a week.
    It'd be a lost opportunity if they didn't.

Sean likes this.
  5. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Here's what I would like to see for expansion...

Star Wars Land at DHS
    Cars land at DHS
    Frozen Ride: a runaway sled ride through the mountains of Arendale (but might be too similar to the new Snow White coaster).
    Avengers Ride: make a ride similar to Universal's Transformers ride. The ride car is the Quinjet and you have Ultron trying to attack you.

Sean likes this.
  6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS! Well, that is my hope anyway.

John Frost likes this.
  7. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

Wow, a lot of people agreed with me about a new Frozen project. With all the great reviews about the movie, I do not doubt that Disney would take advantage of this. I would love to see a Frozen project.

8. gokoko

gokoko Member

I agree; a new Frozen movie would be awesome! Hopefully they don't make a lower quality sequel, which happens a lot, but there is a lot of potential for a good sequel. Do you have any ideas for what the plot could be?

firelily99 likes this.
  9. firelily99

firelily99 Member

I loved Frozen so a new one would be wonderful! I agree with you gokoko, the sequel needs to be as good or better than the first one.

10. John Frost

John Frost Global Moderator Staff Member

I heard the best idea the other day. This isn't even rumor, just idle speculation. But I would love to see It's A Small World moved to EPCOT's World Showcase and given the facade treatment it deserves. That would then free up that space in Magic Kingdom to put a Frozen attraction that would tie the first movie and the sequel together and give the sisters and kingdom of Arendell the attraction it deserves. (Plus they could upgrade the facade with some cool building facades so it fits better with the rest of the new Fantasyland, and less like a pastel fairy threw up on a wall.

ExploringWDW and Tom R. like this.
  11. Justman1020

Justman1020 Member

Next announcment? Probably the Frozen ride that is about to take over Malestrom in Norway...
    Star wars...they need to jump on. Universal is almost done with H.P 2.0 and SW is the one thing that can compete...

12. PoohBear

PoohBear Member

I would be disappointed to see them do more with MK until they do something about DHS... There are a lot of things they could put money into to rejuvenate the parks, but DHS is in desperate need of the most work.

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Whatever they do, it NEEDS to be done BIG and done RIGHT. Harry Potter land is the real deal and is better than anything Disney has done in Florida in a LONG time. Cars Land in DCA is amazing... anything short of that level of detail will be disastrous.

ExploringWDW likes this.
  14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I agree Tim. They have done some nice "window dressing" in WDW, but something the scope and scale of Carsland is a must.

15. I would have to agree with you. My children love Frozen and they would not let me rest if this was available right now.