FujiFilm Velvia Preset for Lightroom

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Paul, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Paul

Paul Member

Since Roger has been showing us some of his archival photos using Velvia film, I wanted try and replicate that look somewhat using a Lightroom preset that I had recalled earlier. ; The photos that Roger has been sharing look great and that film obviously provided a ; certain look to your photos. ; Must have been fun to experiment with different films back in the day. ; I suppose more thought went into pre-processing with film rather than today with all of the post-processing.

Thanks again Roger for sharing those.

So here is a shot I took on our last trip:

Straight from the camera:
    [attachimg=1]

With some minor tweaking in Lightroom:
    [attachimg=2]

Using the Velvia preset:
    [attachimg=3]

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

nice job Paul!
    I like the look

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Thanks for sharing Paul!

Velvia always had one of those looks...hard to expose for because it wasn't forgiving of mistakes plus you had to have good light for ISO 50.

4. Paul

Paul Member

Thanks guys. ; I was under the impression that film was gone, but then I was just reading my Outdoor Photographer magazine today and there it is, a big add for it on the back cover. ; (Velvia 50 Daylight Fujichrome in 4x5 format)

5. Roger

No, film's not dead. ; Not yet.

Unless you're looking for Agfa Ultra 50, or Kodachrome.

Or that Fuji 100/1000 slide film.

Wow, they still have Agfa Scala?

6. gary

gary Member

where'd you get the preset from???

7. Paul

Paul Member

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I've got Velvia and Provia plugin scripts for PSP as well - always nice to have options!

9. Roger

Do they have Ultra 50 presets?[nb]Rescanning a strip of 4 as we speak at 4800dpi. ; So far it hasn't blown my computer up.[/nb]

10. Paul

Paul Member

I'll see if I can find Ultra50 or Provia

11. Paul

Paul Member

couldn't find Ultra50, but Provia I did find and started a new thread with samples.