FOOD AND WINE FESTIVAL

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by disneyduo, Sep 9, 2008.

1. disneyduo

disneyduo Member

Hello all. ; This is my first post, so please stay with me. ; I signed up a while ago and I had promised myself that I would post regularly and share my disney experiences on a regular basis. ; As we know this never happened.

Anyway, my husband and I usually travel to Disney twice a year if we can and for the past three years we have tried to make it to the food and wine festival. ; I am always looking for a seat sale and I am always looking for discounted room rates. ; We were at Disney in April and got an offer slipped under our door for 40% off during selected dates throughout the year, so we went ahead and booked for October.

Each year we have slowly upgraded from value to deluxe and in April we tried to go back to the value and we were very disappointed. ; Once you have stayed in a deluxe you will never go back, so if you can't afford to stay at a deluxe on every trip don't do it - you will always be comparing. ;

Now that I have blabbed for a while I will tell you about our upcoming trip. ; Arriving in Orlando on October 21st and checking into the Contemporary Hotel and we will be checking out on October 26th. ; Plans to date are as follows:

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Wednesday - Epcot - reservations at Marakkesh for supper
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Thursday ; - Magic Kingdom
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Friday - MGM Studios in am and Epcot in afternoon
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Evening we are doing City Taste - Spain
    ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; Saturday - Epcot again in am and Magic Kingdom in evening

Usually I am notorious for planning everything, but I decided to relax a bit this time and just enjoy the trip. ; If we can get into some other restaurants okay and if not I am going to be okay with that as well.

I will try to post a trip report after and let you know about the food and wine festival. ; If I don't post right away I usually forget. ; I will also try to check online more so that I can help answer other peoples questions as well.

Oh yeah and I hope I posted this in the proper spot.

2. realfam

realfam Member

Great first post, and we look forward to hearing all about your Oct trip to the World.

A

3. Just read about Food and wine on Mouse Planet: Sounds like there is going to be great food there.
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd080909mg

4. I u diseny

I u diseny Member

sound like a lot of fun