Foggy night, Epcot Resort area photos

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Taken while up there for Pixelmania, but not really Pixelmania-related...on the night we were shooting the Beach and Yacht Club Christmas scenes, I was staying over at Boardwalk and decided to take some long-exposure night shots of the resort area on the walk back - it was a foggy night, with the low marine layer hanging down over the sky, which made for strange colors...the moon made a purplish-blue glow through a part of the clouds, while the reddish-yellow sodium vapor lights of the hotels reflected off the bottom of the layer of fog. ; I thought it made for some interesting looks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just for fun, one night I was wandering with my Sigma 30mm F1.4 and did some handheld high ISO low light snaps around the Boardwalk...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

These are all very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. zackiedawg

Thank you!

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love these Justin! ; Great color in that first one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. zackiedawg

Thank you kindly, John!

6. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

That's a great series. The haze in the sky really adds to the mood.

7. zackiedawg

Thank you kindly. ; I initially had almost written off shooting night long exposures thinking the low fog would ruin it, but then I saw how weird the lights playing off it was, and decided it was actually more interesting.