Foggy castle

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by Roger, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

2. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Is that scanned or digital?

It's very cool 8)

Feels quiet~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I hope you don't mind my sharing, this is from last December.

My son and I were there early for the Keys to the Kingdom tour ;)

[​IMG]

4. Roger

It's a scan; negative film I think. Doesn't look like slide film but I would have to actually find the original to make sure!

Those days were the best to visit the parks - many people don't go to the park for some reason. At least back then...

(I don't mind!)

5. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

:)

I thought it looked like negative film. No need to dig it out~

My daughter and I were very lucky on our visit to DL. We got there early, had our fastpass runner and a family with us who lives in Cali. The only ride we missed was Nemo - it was waaay too new to even bother, and Storybookland. We had an awesome day!

My daughter says her favorite of the day was the dessert I set up for her, my friend and I at Blue Bayou ;)

6. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Here's one more I'd like to share...

mainly cause it's kinda the same angle as yours~

[​IMG]

7. Roger

Missed Storybookland Canal boats??? That's like one of the hidden gems of the park.

[​IMG]

Lunch or dinner on the Bayou? Now I'm craving a Monte Cristo....yum.

8. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I know!!

I am more upset I missed SBL than having missed Nemo....but the line to SBL was waaaaaaayyyyyy tooooo loooong. Early that afternoon I saw no line and beelined for it only to see it closes earlier than the park did.

We just did Dessert at BB!

It was the perfect break in the middle of a very long day. Brittany and me got the pirate ships, I even got her the kiddie menu that turns into a hat.

9. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

I keep hearing about their Monte Cristo sammiches...

I have also heard that California Grill in WDW does a comparable one.

A young friend of mine from Seattle (A DL girl) is headed to WDW soon and will be coming back with the verdict of "is it really?" :)

10. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

Great Shot btw!

I really, really wanna get back to DL just to ride the boat.

I'll even wait in line next time~

11. Roger

Early in the afternoon?

Well, I think it's because they (for some reason) close the ride down during the parade, but it reopens and it's open at night. I don't think they have to shut it down for FW, since the FW actually are launched over Toontown*, which does close for that.

* except for the bursts from the castle and the MLRS from the Matterhorn, statement was more applicable for Fantasy and Believe...there's Magic in the Stars.

12. Roger

Go do the ride first thing at rope drop. My 1999 slides were from that. Good lighting, and I had the boat to myself. Because no one runs goes to SBLCB first thing!

13. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

That explains it...

the day I speak of, we went over to DCA post parade :-\

I haven't seen fireworks at DL yet either.

I am not completely disppointed cause I know I will be going back.

I *will* be disappointed if something should happen to that ride before I get back tho ~ ala Mr Toad's disappearing on me in WDW.

14. Roger

Riddle me this, did you have a good time over at the former parking lot?
    [me=Roger]doesn't hate DCA but knows it could have been done better. Hopefully they won't skimp on the Extreme Makeover: Theme Park Edition[/me]

You must see Remember. Wishes is boring compared to it. Then again Wishes is the basis for the program. And WDW doesn't have a mountain near the castle.

I don't think anyone's been seriously hurt on it, so I doubt they'll do anything to take it away. Besides that mgmt team is gone. (You know, the ones that said that for every new attraction they had to take one away. O RLY? What replaced the Skyway - both coasts? What replaced the Motorboats at DL? hmm hmm hmm???? Or Rocket Rods?)

15. ColleenMarie

ColleenMarie Member

We did. We hit the important stuff like the rapids and soarin and the roller coaster, we ate at the wharf (mexican), my BFF and I had a pretty good beer. We knew DCA wouldn't compare.

I Love Wishes and really look forward to going back.

We missed the light parade too. It wasn't running the two days we were at the parks.

What do you think of the West Coast Spectro?

That's good to know~

I also agree that new management has a better thumb on how things at Disney should run. Eisner was simply in that job for way too long. I like Iger~ (so far ;) )

16. Roger

Disney's Electrical Parade will always have a spot in my heart, even though it was brought back by the same management team who said it was glowing out FOREVER. Because the pixies of Light Magic didn't work...(side note: which is odd, since the big complaint with it was because it stopped to do things at certain spots around the route, just like Block Party Bash, which seems to work. Perhaps it's because the park wasn't designed to do that...)

But you can't compare Spectro and DEP. Especially since I would want to see DEP on 7/4.

[​IMG]

17. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

dude, totally with you on both of those...

18. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

it does seem quite obvious that if the same or substantially similar attraction lives in both DL and WDW, the DL version -usually- wins...

small world, railroad, jungle cruise, PIRATES, toontown, buzz lightyear, space mountain, .....

19. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

I completely agree, of course, being from California might just bias me a little! :)