Flash Slideshow

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by Grumpwurst, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I wasn't sure if there was a more appropriate forum to post this in....

My sister-in-law is trying to setup a website to showcase my brother's graphic art work.

What she wants is the page to show thumbnails of what is going to scroll through a slideshow. The user can have the option of clicking on a thumbnail to move to that image in the slideshow. She is wanting the images to be copy protected (meaning you cannot right-click and save or locate the file location from the html source).

Has anyone had any experience with this or know of any good online tutorials. She is currently playing around with Adobe Illustrator trying to see if it will do what she wants.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

NetObjects Fusion 10 includes a flash photo gallery with their software.

I tried it, but I'm not a fan of flash for photo hosting. But for protecting the copyrights...it will probably work.

3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I use 1and1 to host my site. their only option for photo galleries is a flash gallery. I did not really like it and found it very limiting, but it does protect them from right clicking.
    I put one up here so you can see it:
    http://cdbendele.com/7.html

4. Grumpwurst

Thanks Craig and Roger.

I'll pass this information onto my sister-in-law. It's all very overwhelming when you start doing the research. I'm sure hosting space is going to be her next research endeavor.

Craig, what is your opinion of 1and1? I've heard mixed reviews.

5. Grumpwurst

Craig,

I should've said that what you showed me on your site is very similar to what my sister-in-law was looking for.

6. Roger

hey so do I! That's where I got NetObjects Fusion from. I paid for the upgrade though.

7. Craig

i like 1and1 prices. I like having my email address be mine, so it does not matter who my internet provider is. I like having a website to share pictures. My email and site have never been "down" in over a year.

But, I dont like their web page templates. I find them very limiting. If you look at my site it is only in the middle of the page. Also the pictures I have on there are as big as I can figure out how to make them fit.
    I cannot figure out how to make an offline photo gallery appear on my site.

8. Roger

Craig, you can always FTP the files up to the webspace and go from there with whatever software is creating the HTML files for a slideshow.

I went the step further and created the database with 1and1 through the admin panel to upload Coppermine for my site redo.

9. Craig

wow, thats neat roger. I just got an email from them for net fusions for $89. I did notice that was the program you use and that your site looks very nice.
    I know my web site hosting knowledge is very small and I dont want to invest too much time into it, so I just use their templates.

10. Roger

Just a warning - while NetObjects would give you more control over the flash galleries, I really don't like their regular photo galleries too much anymore - even if you've resized your files, the software will recompress your jpegs, strip the EXIF, and go to some unknown quality.

11. Craig

I tried to use acdsee pro photo gallery. I like the way that looks a lot. plus it creates them very fast.

12. Roger

Use the FTP software that you get from 1and1. Wise-FTP? It works like a charm to be able to upload files quickly.

All you have to do is create an FTP account to upload with in the 1and1 control panel.

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

try using jalbum. Get it from jalbum.net. Freeware and lots of skins to choose from.

14. Grumpwurst

Thanks everyone. I'm personally checking out the jalbum.net Tim suggested. It looks like it might suit me well. Not sure about my sister-in-law

15. Valerie50

Valerie50 Member

Look I've found this web photo slideshow I think you should like it. That's very easy to use and gives good results...