Finding Nemo the Musical

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

On my last trip we saw this show twice. ; The first time I was not expecting to see it so I did not have my 50mm 1.4 lens, only my 18-270mm 3.5-6.3. ; These were all shot with the zoom using center weighted metering, ISO ranging from 1100-4500. ; Let me know what you think.

Marlin wonders where Nemo is
    [​IMG]
    Where is Nemo! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Crush and Marlin "Go with the Flow"
    [​IMG]
    Crush and Marlin by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Bruce and gang ponder the idea that fish are friends, not food
    [​IMG]
    Fish are Friends... by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Lets see what Squirt will do
    [​IMG]
    Lets see what Squirt will do! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

The Tank Gang
    [​IMG]
    We Swim Together by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Crush belts out the reprise of "Go with the Flow" during the curtain call
    [​IMG]
    Crush by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Amazing! ; Can't wait til I can use my new camera down there. ; How close to the stage were you sitting? ; And what mode did you shoot in? Or can you post full metadata for one of the photos?

Sent from my iPhone...

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Jeff!

I used shutter priority the whole time. ; That way I could adjust depending on focal length and the camera would just use the widest aperture and then ramp up the ISO as needed.

You can click on the image and it will bring you to Flickr, then in the upper right click on the the Nikon D7000 link and it brings you to the data.

4. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work, John! ; The lighting and color is excellent on all of them. ;

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Michael!!!!

Jeff, I was in the second row on the right of the ramp that separates the lower section.

6. ELinder

ELinder Member

Very nice! I'm still getting used to my D7000, but I think I need to give it more freedom to use the higher ISOs. It certainly looks like it can handle them.

Erich

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Erich! ; This is the first time that I really did that with the ISO and was please with the results.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

So I found these the other day from the same show.

Here is the Tank Gang again
    [​IMG]
    The Tank Gang by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Here is Ryan playing the role of Bubbles. ; He is on stage 11 times as different parts, but Crush is the best. ; Wish I had hit the focus with this one.
    [​IMG]
    My Bubbles! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Here he is again, playing Crush, stealing the show!
    [​IMG]
    Dude! by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

Sadly (but maybe not for him) Ryan has decided to give Broadway a shot. ; He has some friends that may be of help as we all grew up here in NJ just outside NYC. ; Finding Nemo the Musical is still my favorite show at WDW, but it will be missing a little something for me when and if he leaves.

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great set John! ; I really enjoy this show.

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Jeff!

11. Pops

Pops Member

Hi John, Hope you don't mind me adding to your thread. I had never seen this show before but your photos were so awesome I put it on my list of "must see" for this trip. The colors in your shots were so vivid. Great work. I was sitting on the left side of the ramp about 3 rows down from the front of the sound booth. I had a 24-105 zoom and shot at f-4 in auto ISO. ; Thanks for getting me in to finally see this show.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

Attached Files:

12. Pops

Pops Member

Two more....

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Attached Files:

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great stuff!!! ; I love the expression on Marlin's face in that first one!