February 29

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Anyone planning on trying to ironman ; (or woman) through the entire night while the park is open? ; There is a good possibility that I will be coming down for the "event" so if anyone else plans on getting a little crazy, report in here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Thinking about it.

Wanting to shoot the sunrise? ; ;D

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Trying to think how fast security will want to empty the park for regular operating hours on March 1. ; Will the park open at 8? 9? ; They aren't staying open for 40 hours straight....

4. Tim

Should we make this an impomptu to meet of sorts question mark

5. Tim

Works for me. ; I am most likely flying in sometime during the day then leaving very early the next day. I'll be in Florida for grand total of less than 24 hours but I think this might be a fun opportunity.

By the way, exactly how much time off do you get during the year?

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thinking? ; I bet you already got your travel plans locked in. ; ;D ; Wish I could join you and Tim!

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Who was this directed to?

8. Tim

Mr. Bricker

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I will be there! ; This should be a lot of fun!

10. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Ha. Two weeks paid; a "reasonable amount" unpaid. Most of the trips we take are long weekend trips, so I only end up taking 2 days off work. Living in Indiana without kids is incredibly cheap. Our mortgage is actually less than our rent used to be, and that's the only debt we have. Traveling a lot isn't that difficult for us.

Still not sure if I'll be there. At this point, I'm leaning against it. It's in the middle of the week, so if I did go down, it would be a 1-2 day trip at most. Probably not worth it for that short of a trip.

Plus, I already shot the sunrise in December: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombricker/6631433393/

11. Tim

I am going for the one day/overnight only. ; Thankfully it falls in the middle of my days off so there is no "cost" there other than a plane ticket. ;

I wish living in NJ with nothing but a mortgage (5 years on the dave ramsey plan to get there) and two kids was comparable to Indiana but... not so much. ;

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Always nice to see your shots Tom. Glad that I am going to be spending more time here. Wish I could join you guys for the all-nighter. Planning a trip for Easter week possibly.

13. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

I'm sure the "and two kids" part really bumps up the price of living, too.

It's looking more and more like I won't be there. I know I am going to regret it, but I want to get out to DCA for the reboot event, and it's probably one or the other...

14. Tim

I think it's more of the "NJ" thing more than the two kids. ; Despite what crazy, stuffed shirt governors think. ;

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

You think your stuffed shirts are bad, take a look at Illinois. ; But that is a topic for a completely unrelated forum. ; I wish I could make it down, but being on vacation this week and then again at Easter puts the travel budget into a temporary deficit. ; Can't wait to see the photos from everyone attending.

Sent from my iPhone...

16. Tim

Ok, it's official! ;

$31 down, $51 back on the worst airplane in the world but at least it gets me there.

Jeff, I land around 10am and leave around 10am the next day... see you there? ; :D

ANYONE ELSE?!

17. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

plan on it!

18. Tim

This thread is now closed. If you are going to comment please do so on the thread titled TMIP24 for located several posts above. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.