Favourite Disney Hotel?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by amw, Mar 26, 2008.

1. amw

amw Member

Fantasizing about the next trip, and thought it would be fun to hear what your favourite Disney hotel was and why. It doesn't matter if it's value, moderate, or deluxe. Let me know why it makes the trip special for you.

I've never stayed onsite before, and not because we can't afford it, only because I can't justify it ... yet. ; ;)

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

I really enjoyed our first on site trip, we stayed at Pop Century, no more expensive than a budget hotel off site.

We just returned from a stay at the Boardwalk Villas and really loved it. Justing walking out the door to restaurants and entertainment was great.
    [​IMG]

3. Good Question.....

This really depends on the circumstances.

Family Vacation: A room just to sleep - Has to be Pop Century.
    Location Location Location: Convenience to all Parks - Has to be Port Orleans (Riverside preferred for theming)
    For Couples (Honeymoon): With the view of the Castle how can you not be in love - Polynesian Resort

This is my 2 cents. I could outline more reasons but these are my favorite reasons.

4. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I've only ever stayed so far at value resorts all of them actually and I love POP people don't like the theming I like the wimzy of it all.

5. CoryTheRaven

CoryTheRaven Member

I've never been to WDW, but I imagining that if I went and had enough of the greenbacks to stay onsite, I would go for the Wilderness Lodge. I love the National Parks Rustic aesthetic, (maybe comes from having lived a stone's throw from Banff my whole life) and could easily see me spending a good day or a half just hanging out around the hotel, walking the hiking trail, etc.

But floating over to the other coast, staying at the Disneyland Hotel would be pretty awesome, just to say that I stayed at THE Disneyland Hotel. Of course, that would probably be for about a night, and then it would be off to the cheapo $40CAN/night motel behind California Adventure that I stayed at last time ^_^

Of course, I wouldn't turn down a stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite or the Disneyland Dreams Suite either ^_^

6. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I've only been once, and we stayed at Grand Flo....absolutely loved it!
    It was our honeymoon and they upgraded us; we had a view of the castle; they treated us amazing.....if we could afford it, then we would stay there again next time....

7. amw

amw Member

Nothing like starting at the top! ; ;)

8. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

This one is a tough questions. ; Sean and I have both stayed at POFQ and Caribbean Beach. ; I really think that I would prefer Caribbean Beach over POFQ just for the fact that I loved our area in Aruba. ; It was close to the exit for the buses and we always had the pool to ourselves. ; I loved looking out over the white sand beach to the lake as well.

But since we did a bit of resort hopping on our last trip, it is hard to say what was our favorite. ; Grand Floridian would definitely be up there since it was very elegant. ; Wilderness lodge just had a grandness about it. ; And the Polynesian I never thought would be that unique, but it certainly was and I loved the view from the beach. ; Boardwalk was so close to Epcot and I loved the atmosphere of boardwalk. ; Walking along the boardwalk definitely reminded me of home a bit. ; So that being said, I think I talked myself into Boarwalk would be a favorite Hotel of mine.

9. highland3

highland3 Member

I definitely preferred Port Orleans Riverside to Coronado Springs. ; No matter what people say, the CSR convention crowd was a bit of a turn-off.

We have visited Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and The Contemporary.... ; and I'd have to say I'd like to try the Poly, followed by WL.

POR was a nice, comfortable resort. ; It's well-themed, good restaurant and pool... and you can't beat the boat to DTD.

10. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Hmmmmm! ; I don't see how you can go wrong really with any Disney Resort. ; ; For a real inexpensive trip, I would do POP Century. ; If I had to pick a moderate....hmmm...with small kids it would be POFQ....just DH and I, Coronado Springs for sure. ; The only Deluxe we have stayed in was The Contemporary.....which we just loved!!!! ; ; Our next trip, I am going to try to book The Boardwalk! ; We love the location and that whole area. ; ;D

11. weemcp

weemcp Global Moderator Staff Member

I wish that while we had been there, we had explored the other hotels...
    We checked out the contemporary, because we had dinner at the California Grill...and the Polynesian because we went to the luau....

I really wanted to head to boardwalk and caribbean though...but we never did....

12. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

I found it quite time consuming, especially the resorts around Magic Kingdom, more specifically Fort Wilderness Campground and Wilderness Lodge. ; We took the boat to each of those resorts and it just seemed to take a really long time. ; I think each ride was around 15 to 20 minutes. ; It was a neat boat ride, but I think you would definitely have to schedule enough time to explore the Resorts and factor in the transportation to each. ;

13. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

my favorite Disney hotel is the All-Star Music Resort!

14. scratch

scratch Member

Value ; - ; Pop Century, for the theming

Moderate ; - ; Caribbean Beach Resort, for the tropical feel

Deluxe ; - ; Contemporary, being able to walk to and from MK

DVC ; - ; Beach Club Villas, being able to walk and stumble back from Epcot!

15. Hi there - this kinda question always draws lots of reactions. ; I've stayed offsite and onsite, value to deluxe. ; If I have the pennies, I much prefer to stay at one the Magic Kingdom monorail hotels - that gives me ease of access to MK and Epcot (where we spend most of our time) for both the regular hours and "extra magic hours". And with two princesses of my own, I need ease of access to my hotel room - so when it's crowded, they're tired and/or overstimulated, or we all need a break - we can get back to our hotel and its pool for a quick relax time.

My personal favourite by far is the Grand Floridian - lucky enough to stay there twice. ; Next trip hopefully there as well. What an absolutely beautiful spot, and it has a pool with canyon-theme water-slide to die for. ; My hubby and 9-year-old daughter much prefer the Contemporary Hotel - we've stayed there three times. ; My daughter loves looking over the balcony down to the lobby at Chef Mickey's (last October, the major renovations were only partially complete, so I'l have to go back to check its progress), she can still sing the Celebration song with Minnie and Mickey. So, any days we're not dining at Chef Mickeys (we dine there at least twice each visit), she can still get a "fix." ; Of course, the biggest draw is the walking to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary - 8 minutes tops to the gates (that's with toddler in tow) - so any night there is a long queue for the resort monorail (which occassionally happens) we can hoof it back home easy peasy.

Best regards,
    Sheila