Favorite Disney Supporting Character

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by terryp, May 8, 2014.

1. terryp

terryp Member

This thread is for the sidekicks! Not the main characters, or the main villains, but the guys that tag along and help get the job done. Sidekicks can be bad guys too. My pick is Sebastian from the Little Mermaid. I always thought that guy was really funny and I liked his facial expressions. He was a heck of a singer as well, and I thought his songs were the best in the movie.

2. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

@terryp Sebastian is amazing. I do agree that he's one of the greatest supporting characters ever. I have to say that my favorite supporting actor would probably be the Genie. He's very spontaneous and incredibly helpful in Aladdin! :D

3. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

Phil from Hercules was the first one I thought of, mostly because I love Danny DeVito. Oh, and what about Archimedes in The Sword in the Stone? I loved how grouchy he was, and the banter between him and Merlin was just like an old married couple.

4. malia

malia Member

My favorite supporting character or characters I should say would definitely have to be timone and pumba. I think everyone whose watched the lion king has a special lace for them in there hearts. And they were so good that they even got their own spin off show so they must have done something right. I think what captured people was there message of having no worries. Something millions of people struggle with everyday :)

5. Jeremy Gilkes

Jeremy Gilkes Member

My favorite supporting character is the magic carpet from Aladdin. That carpet was awesome. Got you where you wanted to go and never complained about weight restrictions.

6. ayesell

ayesell Member

I would call this a toss up between Jiminy Cricket and Pluto.

7. StaLock

StaLock Member

If I had to pick my favorite sidekick I would definitely have to go with Abu from Aladdin. He had his back no matter what. That is the kind of friend everyone should have.

8. isabbbela

isabbbela Member

Easy! Pumba, of course! Easiest question I've ever had to answer! Is the most amazing supporting character for sure. Dori from Finding Nemo needs an honorary mention as well!

9. BabyCheetah

BabyCheetah Member

Timon and Pumba are my faves. Funny and supportive and pretty brave going up against lions and hyenas. I also love how they got their own story/spinoff :)

10. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44 Member

Cogsworth and Lumiere were an awesome comic duo of the serious guy and funny guy type. They played nicely off each other and showed that even when they sometimes didn't get along they were still friends and could kick angry mob butt. I think they're much better than some comedic sidekicks who are only there for slapstick and schadenfreude.

11. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

Yes, Timon & Pumba, the dynamic duo! They were always my favorite! I don't know if Kronk from The Emperor's New Groove really counts, since he's a sidekick of the antagonist, but he's so funny that I feel like he's worth a mention, too!

12. kinary

kinary Member

Iago and Abu from Aladin! Also, The alley cats from the Aristocats. Everybody, Everybody, Everybody wants to be a cat. I'm pretty sure I drove my mother to insanity with that little tune.