Fast, simple, and FREE image viewer!

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by Tim, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Head over to FASTSTONE.ORG. They have several freeware image editor/viewers that are actually quite good. Their products also install as portable versions on USB stick drives.

Max View 2.1 is really fast and can also preview RAW files. It takes up no space, can open external editors with one key press (photoshop), and will display exif data in full screen by hovering on the right margin. I really like this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Tim,

Which one is the one you like? MaxView 2.1 or ImageViewer 3.5

3. Tim

i have only messed with maxview... its quick, small, and portable - plus it can open photoshop using the E key and go full screen with the F key... it opens folders with the O key.

i think imageviewer 3.5 is more of an all in one editor... would be great on a usb stick if you have no other options...

4. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Thanks Tim

I wasn't sure which one you were talking about. You had the version number from one app and the name of another. So wasn't sure which part of the equation was the typo :)

5. Tim

yes, i changed that... i figured something was up the way you asked the question.

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check this out.

7. Tim

i am really starting to like this viewer... lightweight and fast. acdsee might be going the way of the dodo for me...