Fantasmic is That-A-Way --->

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by dawholagn, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I never get past that Popcorn cart without getting popcorn and a soda. Why is it that popcorn smells so good at WDW? ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

Flavacol Flavored Butter Seasoned Salt & Pixie Dust! ;D

4. DisneyVixen

DisneyVixen Member

;D I'm with you on that one Scott. It always smells irresistible. Great picture. I need to see Fantasmic sometime soon :)

5. joedisney

joedisney Member

Cool pic! Is that arrow digitally inserted? LOL Never noticed that before....maybe I was too busy buying popcorn;)

6. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't agree more about the popcorn!

7. Dan

Dan Member

I can't avoid thinking about the recent news story that the artificial butter flavoring causes cancer if inhaled regularly over a long period of time.

I've always HATED the smell of that artificial butter stuff though, so it comes as no surprise to me. I mean the smell makes me FEEL ill, so...

Why do I feel as if I'm just asking to be beat over the head by a bunch of empty popcorn bags at Mousefest? :p

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Dan, you aren't alone with the opinion about the artificial butter topping on popcorn

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

disney popcorn is just plain evil. it has this magical power to separate $4 from my wallet every stinkin' time. for some reason, the $1 popcorn combo at target seems to do the same thing...

10. Grumpwurst

I managed to escape a 9 day trip to Disney without partaking of the popcorn and I really like me some popcorn

11. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Wow...haven't done the popcorn at Disney since I was a kid. Maybe I ought to get some and see if I'm missing anything?

I seem to get caught up in the magical tractor beam of the funnel cake stand, though. Especially on a cool winter day!

12. gary

gary Member

this is too funny, karen and i decided about 6 years ago that the evil moneygrubbers at wdw pipe that hot warm nut smell into the entrance way from epcot into world showcase, yeah you know the stand i'm talking about, right hand side, and we swear they pump up the volume at mousefest at nightime, man it just grabs your nose as you walk under that last arch of light and kind of curls round towards canada, it's all my self control to walk past there every time

13. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Tim, I couldn't agree more. ;D

14. biblioadonis

biblioadonis Member

My first Disney food ever was popcorn from the vendor cart right in front of Town Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

Churros comes in a close second for my favorite, with the long-lost Canadian Beaver tails at third.

Mmmmm...beaver tails!

15. gary

gary Member

see we need a couple of hundred guests to stand in front of the old beavertail stand and chant beavertail over and over until management relents
    closest thing i've found to my beloved beavertails has been the plain unadorned fried dough from the stand at brewerton speedway, brewerton ny. i've been known to eat as many as 6 during the evening at the races

that's one wdw snack i really miss

16. Grumpwurst

I had my first Churro on my last trip. I must say it was much, much better than I was imagining them to be. I will gladly enjoy one in the future