Everest & Random AK shots (during Pixelmania)

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by zackiedawg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

These are a few of the snaps taken while there for Pixelmania, that weren't part of any official meet, shoot, or gathering - just the wandering around shots in between. ; I had a nice lunch break at Flame Tree BBQ, so of course, I had a lot of Everest scenics taken from that vantage point!

The Flame Tree view:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A random duck hanging out in the lake:
    [​IMG]

Little blue heron cruising over the water in late afternoon reflections:
    [​IMG]

A little pano-style crop:
    [​IMG]

A shot from the mirrorless cam with my 16mm pancake lens and 12mm UWA attachment:
    [​IMG]

The new band that plays African rock & pop in Harambe - they were quite good, with a Paul-Simon-heavy set from the Graceland album:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

That African band is indeed pretty good. ; ; My son Ryan really likes them. ; They played up to him quite a bit last time he was there. ;

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

They had quite an audience gathered to do the Zulu dance with them - I was surprised so many already seemed to know the routine. ; I can't remember seeing them there in September, unless I just missed them - they used to have the drummers and dancers play there previously.