End of Summer Sunset

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by PolynesianMedic, Sep 8, 2009.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

While we were out on the boat the other night, the sunset was rather beautiful, so I took a few and thought I would share them. ; Again, these are straight from the camera with no post processing done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PolynesianMedic

I decided to play with photoshop a little. ; How does this work?

[​IMG]

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Beautiful shots, Jeff. ; On the third one, however, I think a thin dark border around all four sides of the photo would look better than the shadow border that you used. ; It would provide better separation between the sky and the outer border.

Just my opinion.

4. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Very nice.

5. PolynesianMedic

Thanks Dennis! ; I am trying to learn how to frame these a little differently and thought I would give this a try, but it never felt right to me. ; I am sure that trying your suggestion will fix that for me. ; I'll give it a shot when I get home. ; Thanks!

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice sunset - always nice to end a day with something so peaceful.

For the framed version, I think sunsets really seem to pop on a black surrounding frame, with a very thin white frame line around the photo...it lets the colors really stand out, whereas the color frame sometimes 'steals' the power of the colors in the sunset. ; Just another opinion!