Downtown Disney dusk and blue hour - mirrorless style

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I never really had much chance to catch up some of my shots from September 2012, as I went on a cruise shortly after, then Pixelmania after that...so while going through my shots, I realized I hadn't ever posted some of these Downtown Disney shots from September, taken with my NEX-5N mirrorless, and the kit lens and 16mm pancake - using the 6-frame stacking HHT twilight mode handheld. ; Since Tim recently added a mirrorless to his arsenal, and the 16mm lens, I figured this was a good time for these!

House of Blues just before blue hour (kit lens):
    [​IMG]

HOB tower, right after sunset (kit lens):
    [​IMG]

House of Blues entrance after sunse (kit lens):
    [​IMG]

HOB tower as blue hour approaches, with distant little moon behind it (kit lens):
    [​IMG]

Cirque du Soleil building (16mm + ECU1 .75x attachment):
    [​IMG]

HOB Concert hall entrance (16mm + ECU1):
    [​IMG]

Bongo's at blue hour (16mm + ECU1):
    [​IMG]

West Side street at blue hour (16mm + ECU1):
    [​IMG]

West Side marquee (16mm + ECU1):
    [​IMG]

Standing on the Pleasure Island boat dock, blue hour and last sunset glow (16mm + ECU1):
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice! ; I'm amazed what that stacking function can do

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I think what's most impressive is the way the camera holds the highlights and keeps detail in the shadow. ; Very nice.

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Many thanks. ; The stacking feature is definitely nifty for handheld night shooting. ; I still love a good long exposure off a tripod, but this opens up new spontaneous shooting opportunities for night scenes when you don't have a tripod or just see something interesting you want to capture on a whim.