DLRP Gallery online

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by idarknight, Jan 28, 2008.

1. idarknight

idarknight Member

I finally got all the shots processed - the weather was certainly not helping the shots come out, but I made the best of it. Enjoy everyone.
    Disneyland Resort Paris.

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Still going through them Raj, but they have Sleeping Beauty stuff at their castle? I thought it was supposed to be Beauty & the Beast themed? Reminds me of the defunct walkthrough at Walt's Park.

That statue of Aurora and Philip looks oddly familiar.....

Very nice what I've seen so far!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. goofy101

goofy101 Member

what a great gallery

4. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

It is a common misconception that the castle is beauty and the beast. It is called Le Chateau something or other but the word belle is in there. In french belle mean beautiful so it isn't Belle from beauty and the Beast it is just a french word.

5. idarknight

idarknight Member

Thanks,

I thought it was B&B themed more than it was, but the Castle was always Sleeping Beauty"s there. They had a reception with Bell and the Beast one of the days that we were there, but it wasn't anything to "write home about" - basically the same thing that there are in the US parks when characters stop and sign.

The statue is the exact same and it is one of the only ones that is not covered in some amount of bird droppings. The staff there don't seem to take care of them as well as they do in the US - maybe because there are so many statues in Europe already...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  6. idarknight

idarknight Member

Belle means nice or beautiful - it's an easy leap to make if you are not familiar with it. I though the theming with Belle and Beast was going to be something for Christmas, but as I replied to Roger, it wasn't much more than a character signing it seemed and wasn't in the Castle area directly, but in Belle's Village off to the side.

It seems certain things get lost in translation.

7. idarknight

idarknight Member

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Very Nice!
    I didnt get all the way through yet, but I really like
    71 and 93

9. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Very nice pictures. Thank you so much for sharing!

10. idarknight

idarknight Member

Thanks.